Page builder will not load.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old Questions

Trying to edit pages and page builder does not show up - I just get a header and white space beneath.
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

• 3,016 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • sad.

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ktyler

ktyler

• 9,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Kaede, do you know how to open the developer console in order to see if there are errors reported ? In Chrome its Control + Shift + I. Click on the console tab and recycle the page... see if it reports an error.
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

There are no errors when opening dev tools. Cleared cache, tried in incognito window, etc.

Skuid Team - I need help ASAP - I'm at a standstill.

The only thing I can think it might have to do with is the fact that I tried to create a skuidified list view for the "WorkThanks" object, which is probably very protected/locked down.
Photo of John Nelson

John Nelson, Product Manager

• 3,356 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Kaede, so sorry! What you've run into is an issue that we think came up because of something salesforce implemented recently.

A work around we've found is to remove any reference to the user object (owner, createdby, last modified, etc...). You can still get to the page via the xml editor (copy the id from the url when you try to open your page in the builder, then open the xml editor from another page and paste in the id to the url). Then you can go through and pull out (or comment out by putting <!-- [the line you want to remove] --> around the lines you want to take out).

This is obviously a temporary solution until we get to the bottom of the issue.
Photo of Zach McElrath

Zach McElrath, Employee

• 53,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
UPDATE:

We believe that we have traced the cause of this problem down to having Work.com enabled in your org. In our testing so far, if Work.com is enabled, then this issue occurs whenever you have a Model that either is on the User object, or contains Fields that are Lookups to the User object.

Root cause of the issue: we are getting Salesforce "Internal Server Errors" whenever we try to access metadata related to Work.com objects, which unfortunately occurs whenever you are building pages against the User object as well because there are "Child Relationships" to Work.com objects --- e.g. Thanks Givers, Badge Givers, etc. --- all of these fields are lookups to the User object, and Skuid, in its effort to allow you to display in your pages any Child Relationships of the User object, is hitting this problem.

Temporarily, a possible solution is to disable Work.com.

Steps Skuid is taking to resolve:

1. We are isolating the issue and will report it to Salesforce.com internal support.
2. We are investigating possible code changes we can make to temporarily stop Skuid from trying to load in any metadata for Work.com objects or Child Relationships of the User object which point to Work.com objects, until Salesforce can fix their Internal Server Error, but this would of course be only a temporary fix.

We will try to keep you updated as much as we can as we receive further information about this problem.
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

Can we get an update on this?
Photo of John Nelson

John Nelson, Product Manager

• 3,356 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The team has finally gotten to the bottom of this extremely persistent and annoying bug. Really sorry for those of you who have had to deal with this issue. If that's you, please go ahead and install the latest nightly build (3.15) from the Skuid Releases page on our website. This will take care of the problem for you.
Photo of Robert Peck

Robert Peck

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can confirm that 3.15 resolves the problem
Photo of Rob Hatch

Rob Hatch, Official Rep

• 44,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Very happy.  Very happy..  We are glad this one is solved. 
Photo of Ken McElrath

Ken McElrath, Official Rep

• 1,214 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks all for your detective work. Felt like an episode of CSI, and we nailed the bugger.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just got this error for the first time today after cloning a page. It's the third time I cloned the page. After cloning it never loaded. I went back to the pages tab and now none of my pages will load in the page builder.

This is what I get when I click on one of the pages. http://puu.sh/5hn1Q.png

I updated to the newest version of Skuid (5.13.2) and it still won't load the page builder.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

Okay, I went back to an even earlier build of the page that I was trying to load. It loaded fine. The later builds have a Owner Name field in one of the Field Editors. I think that could be the problem from what I've read of Zach's post.

I'm going to try John's solution, but we don't use work.com and I'm on the newest version of Skuid.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

I've taken everything that I can find related to the User Object out. No Dice. I'm lost.
Photo of Zach McElrath

Zach McElrath, Employee

Do any of the Pages have custom JavaScript code in them? Can you test to see if adding the Owner Name field does in fact make the page break?
Photo of Zach McElrath

Zach McElrath, Employee

Drew, if you Grant Login Access to Skuid Support, we can take a look at the page and see if we can identify the problem.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

No Java. I just granted one day.
Photo of Zach McElrath

Zach McElrath, Employee

Thanks Drew, we're taking a look at it. Our initial guess is that it has something to do with an inconsistency in Model Ids or Field Ids, but we'll try to verify this.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

I take Development notes. I can email them if you think that would help.
Photo of Zach McElrath

Zach McElrath, Employee

Hi Drew,

I went into your "Test XML Project" page, and started commenting out components until I found the one that was causing the Page Builder to break. Your "Color Sheets" sub-tab (below Tickets > Signatures) has two Field Editors in it, and both of these are associated with Models that do not exist: "Ticket - Color Sheets", and "Ticket - CS Full". I have commented-out these Field Editors in the Page XML, so they're still there in case you still want them, but they won't show up in the Page Builder. So that page is now working again from the builder.

I went ahead and did the same for your "Projects Test CPO" page, and commented out the same 2 Field Editors, and the page worked fine.

So next steps:

1. For us: Skuid has a bug --- if a user deletes a Model that a Component is associated with, the Page Builder should still work. We need to improve this.

2. For you: you can continue building! Just be mindful that if you remove a Model via XML (which I'm guessing is what you did), make sure to remove any associated Components as well, or the Page Builder will bomb. If you try to remove Models from the Page Builder, and there are associated Components, then Skuid will force you to delete those associated Components (so that this problem does not occur).

If you want to use the Field Editors that I commented out (assuming that you've added back in the Models that they refer to), you can, but first click the "View/Edit XML" link from the Page Builder, and find the commented-out sections (they're in green). Remove the comments, and save your page.
Photo of Drew Snyder

Drew Snyder

The two Field Editors under the color sheet tab should have been related to the Ticket - CS Full and Ticket - CS SMP models. I'm not sure how they got changed. I was trying to make the Field Editor only show up when a record excited. Maybe the real problem is related to the Conditions in the Model. I'm not sure. Either way thanks for getting the page builder up and running.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.