I'd like to move to using Skuid's navigation component, but there's a handful of wishlist items I'd love to see first:
- Allow an item source of Model. We have configurable menu items stored as data, so this would allow us to reuse them.
- Collapse horizontal navigation down to a hamburger menu on smaller screen sizes (as per Craig's post).
- Allow a drop down menu to simply have an icon as a label.
- Allow icons in navigation items to be larger. Doing it with custom CSS is pretty fiddly.
- Bonus: some sort of highlighted state to show that a navigation item is "active". This may be a little tricky given that selecting an item can fire many actions. Perhaps there's an action to highlight a navigation item as active?