Lookup filter appears broken in Brooklyn

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
I'm having trouble getting the lookup filter to pull the correct options when using the "in" condition in conjunction with another model's records.  

For example, On a page I have a model for ObjectA, which is above another model for ObjectB. Somewhere on my page I have listed out the records in my model for ObjectA, so I know that there are multiple records listed.  I have a popup with a field editor for ObjectB on it.  On this field editor there is a lookup field to a record from ObjectA, rendered as a dropdown list.  On the filter for this field I have configured that the ID of the dropdown for ObjectA should be IN the "field from another model" source Model ObjectA, source field Id. When I do this, all the records in the database show up in the dropdown filter, not just the ones that are actually listed in ObjectA model.  If I change the IN to = then just the first record from the ObjectA model is accessible in the lookup field's dropdown (this would be the expected result, although not what I need).  

This page was working as expected before my system was updated to 9.3 (previously on 8.15.8) 

Is there another way around this? Or is this a known bug with a fix that is in the roadmap?

Photo of susan.nordquist


  • 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Mark DeSimone

Mark DeSimone, Official Rep

  • 12,352 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan, yes, this is the result of a known issue in Brooklyn - Iteration 3. We don't have a timeframe for this yet, but our engineering team is definitely aware and we will let you know here when more information is available. 
Photo of Jack Sanford

Jack Sanford, Champion

  • 10,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Pretty big problem for us. Hope it gets fixed. In the meantime when we are able to discover that a page is having this issue, we've changed the Option Source to a specific Model on the Search tab, which fixes then (as long as you remember to enter a field in the Display Template).
Photo of Khamla Phimmachack

Khamla Phimmachack, Official Rep

  • 2,038 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your patience as we addressed this bug. This issue has been resolved in the Brooklyn Update 1 - Iteration 2 and Brooklyn - Iteration 6 releases which are now available from the Skuid Releases page

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.