How to Add Fields in the Lookup PopupWindow

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Issues that have been fixed. Duplicate records.

By Default only name is populated in the Lookup Popup window. I want to add more fields along with Name field. And also How to remove the Name link from Lookup. 
Photo of Raj

Raj

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Raj

Raj

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have checked lookup filter options and there is option to add the fields to show in search popup. 

Good!!!
Photo of Rob Hatch

Rob Hatch, Official Rep

• 44,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Glad you were able to solve you own question.  
Photo of Elissa Bradley

Elissa Bradley

• 1,786 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Raj, Can you explain where you found this?  I'm looking to do the exact same thing.
Photo of Christopher Johnson

Christopher Johnson

• 694 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Were you able to remove the link? I think the way the pop up lookups link and the link navigates you to the record instead of inserting the record in the lookup is extremely confusing.
Photo of Rob Hatch

Rob Hatch, Official Rep

• 44,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Christopher - I agree that the link is annoying.  Our product roadmap includes dispabling the link (or giving the user the ability to do so).  At this point there is one very  work-around that feels very much like a hack.  Like the sort of hack that Skuid generally makes unecessary.   Anyway.

If you make a formula field in your object that reproduces the text from the Name field,  you can include this field in your "search fields" shown in the Search popup.  Because it is just text it won't have the auto-links that name fields do. 

There it is.  Hack-tastic. 

We will be fixing this soon btw...  The hack doesn't stay forever. 
Photo of Emily Davis

Emily Davis, Employee

• 3,610 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Elissa, I believe Raj is referring to the Search Fields for a lookup field. In the builder click on the field, then in the properties panel, go to Search, then add Search Fields. If you don't specify any search fields, only the Name field will show in the popup.

Christopher, I agree this is confusing. I will submit this to our developers as an improvement.
Photo of Elissa Bradley

Elissa Bradley

• 1,786 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This is exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.