Field not showing in table

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure why but I have a field inside a model not showing in my table. I have added it and the model is correct. 

Other fields from the model are visible and look all good. Anyone have any suggestions as to why? 
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • puzzled

Posted 11 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Mark DeSimone

Mark DeSimone, Official Rep

  • 11,050 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, does the table have a place for this missing field, or is there not even a header? If the field is missing altogether, I would check to see if that field's permission and sharing settings are set up properly. 

You might also try putting the same field into other components like a field editor or template, to see if the issue is specific to the table, or occurring whenever the page is trying to expose that field. 

Finally, there's a chance the field's column in the table has a render condition set up on it that's not being met. You can see this in the page composer by clicking the field in the table, then clicking "Rendering" toward the top right corner of the page. 
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the speedy response. 

I had checked all the obvious stuff like field permissions and rending conditions. There is most definitely a field header visible in the editor. 

I've also tried with another table and still no luck. =(
Photo of Mark DeSimone

Mark DeSimone, Official Rep

  • 11,050 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What is the API name of the field that's not displaying? Have you confirmed that it has data for the records that you're loading?

Is the field set up as a template field perhaps? If that's the case, the template field needs to be defined otherwise it won't know what content to display. (more information here)
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ok team I have an update. 

Turns out I believe this was a bug. We ended up adding the field again via the XML and it worked fine. 

As far as the Salesforce side was concerned it played no role in the field not being visible. 
I think Skuid should probably investigate why this bug happened. 

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. 
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The table was referring a normal model that was linked to a custom object. The table was also within a tabset. Everything here was standard. No renderin conditions. What other information would you like?

Do you need the xml? 
Photo of Mark DeSimone

Mark DeSimone, Official Rep

  • 10,978 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, 

If you still have a way of retrieving the XML as it was before you fixed the issue, it would be informative to see the two side by side - at least, the parts of the XML where you needed to make your changes. If that's not possible, we may just need to revisit this if the issue recurs since there isn't quite enough information to be able to reproduce the issue. 

If you can try adding the field to a new page from inside the Page Composer (not via XML), and let us know if the issue presents itself again, that will be helpful too. 
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, 

I don't have enough save history to retrieve the previous XML on the page unfortuantely. ** This would also be handy for skuid to possibly double the save version history.  

If I come across the issue again I will let you know and provide the XML for Skuid to take a look at it. 
Photo of Mark DeSimone

Mark DeSimone, Official Rep

  • 10,978 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, thanks. There's actually a way to set a page's max number of auto-saves to whatever you want, available in the Page Properties area. It's set to 25 by default so your page records don't get too large, but I'll often set it much higher.

 
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Oh wow great!   I didn't know this. 

Thanks a million!