Export to Excel table button not exporting correctly

  • 3
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Exporting row data to excel button is including comma's and not using field names for headers, checked the button settings and they are ok.  Was working great for a couple of weeks, but now doesn't look right.  New to Skuid, so I am thinking maybe I am missing something basic?
Photo of Ann Kukich

Ann Kukich

  • 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

  • 3
Photo of Amy Dewaal

Amy Dewaal, Official Rep

  • 8,200 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ann,

What version of Skuid are you on and what browser are you using? Also, do you know of anything that's changed since it used to work, such as a newer version of Skuid getting installed or your instance getting upgraded to Summer '17?

Thanks!
Photo of Ann Kukich

Ann Kukich

  • 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Using Chrome and FIrefox, Summer 17.   The problem started after upgrading Skuid version to Brooklyn Q2 Point Release - GA 10.0.

Thanks!
Photo of Ann Kukich

Ann Kukich

  • 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am being prompted from Windows "which program to open with".    i choose Excel 2016.   The Windows file associations for csv are set to Excel.   When viewing the actual file in Downloads folder, there is no extension at the end of the file name
Photo of Bill McCullough

Bill McCullough, Champion

  • 13,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Amy,

I just tested this in my developer org that also has Brooklyn 10.0.  I am getting the same result as Ann.  The file exports but has no extension.

Thanks,

Bill
Photo of Bill Getman

Bill Getman

  • 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ditto -- I'm able to replicate it as well.
Photo of Paul Heald

Paul Heald

  • 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
using GA 10 and chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) on macbook pro file created
AppliedCourses-export-1496916873190.csv
Photo of Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond)

Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond), Champion

  • 17,510 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Version 10 on latest chrome in Summer '17 and we are having this issue. The file is not corrupt, it just doesn't have an extension. If you download it and rename the file with .csv at the end, it works fine. 
Photo of Sarah Hughes

Sarah Hughes

  • 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We also just updated to to Version 10, on Spring '17. Raymond's workaround works for us, but is requiring a *small* amount of user education. :)
Photo of Amy Dewaal

Amy Dewaal, Official Rep

  • 8,200 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi guys,

I think I can reproduce this. It looks like it's only an issue on Windows machines (I tested on Chrome, IE11 and Edge and it seemed like none of them gave the CSV file its extension). If anyone experiences this problem on a Mac, let me know (I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my Mac). I've notified the developers of this issue and we'll let you know when it's fixed in a future release.

Thanks!
Photo of Sarah Hughes

Sarah Hughes

  • 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi, Amy.

We have the issue on Windows and Mac machines, with Chrome and Safari. Happy to get my Mac users to help document if it would help.

Thanks for the update.
Photo of Amy Dewaal

Amy Dewaal, Official Rep

  • 8,200 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sarah, 

That would be great if you wouldn't mind. Just to clarify, they're on Brooklyn Q2 release? What browser(s) are they seeing the issue on and what version are those browsers? Would you mind also posting a screenshot of their table export settings in case something specific in the settings is causing an issue?

Thanks!
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

  • 856 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Amy-

Just wanted to see if there is a timeline on this fix.
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know when this may be mitigated? 
Photo of Ann Kukich

Ann Kukich

  • 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Does anyone have any workaround suggestions besides renaming the downloaded file.  This is a big part of our users functionality to have the ability to easily export lists to Excel.

Thanks!
Photo of Ann Kukich

Ann Kukich

  • 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Just found an easy workaround...  I am specifying the 'Custom File Name' in the 'export properties' to somefile.csv.   As long as I include the csv extension in the Custom file name for each table I need to export, it works perfectly.  Thanks
Photo of Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

  • 1,010 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Great workaround! Thank you!
Photo of Matt Small

Matt Small

  • 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Great fix! Works an absolute treat. Thanks again!
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells

  • 17,326 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Skuid has implemented the solution in the new Brooklyn 10.0.7 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.