Chatter Feed issues after upgrading to Millau

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
We upgraded to Millau on Monday, and we went through our pages to ensure that everything was functioning correctly. There were some upgrade pains, but they were easy to resolve. However, one problem that we've encountered is the Chatter Feed component isn't working correctly. We upgraded our themes to make sure that the themes weren't a cause, and the problem persisted. The Chatter Feed shows on those pages where it was previously used; however, adding the Chatter Feed to a page that did not have it before the Chatter Feed doesn't show up at all. In addition, when the feed is hidden there is an error in the JavaScript console:



I tracked this down this error to some JavaScript from Salesforce. When the Chatter Feed is shown, the above error does not happen, however, the Hide Feed button is missing. We are not experiencing a problem in our Production environment, as we have not upgraded to Millau there yet.

Is anyone else having similar problems? If so, how did you resolve them.
Photo of John Freese

John Freese

  • 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Official Rep

  • 16,856 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What did you upgrade from and what version of Millau are you now on?
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Official Rep

  • 16,856 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Can you share your page's XML or XML of a page that reproduces this error so that we may examine it?
(Edited)
Photo of John Freese

John Freese

  • 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The XML for the pages are too big to be posted here. However, I created a page that reproduces the error:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true" theme="Classic">
    <models>
        <model id="Utility_Account" limit="1" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Utility_Account__c" doclone="" processonclient="true">
            <fields/>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="param" value="Id" field="Id" operator="=" enclosevalueinquotes="true" novaluebehavior=""/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <social model="Utility_Account" uniqueid="sk-oGKev-406" feedtype=""/>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css/>
        <actionsequences/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
    <interactions/>
</skuidpage>

In addition, it does this when I load the page:
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Official Rep

  • 16,856 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It looks like your page isn't finding any first row to bring data in so it's pulling a null error. Because your chatter feed is set to "Feed for model's first row", you aren't seeing anything come up in the Chatter Feed because there isn't anything to pull in. Check out the example below:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true" theme="Classic">    <models>
        
    <model id="account" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Account" doclone="">
<fields>
    <field id="RecordTypeId"/>
    <field id="Id"/>
</fields>
<conditions/>
<actions/>
</model>
</models>
    <components>
<pagetitle model="account" uniqueid="sk-oJ76l-561">
    <maintitle>Test Page</maintitle>
    <actions/>
</pagetitle>
<skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="true" model="account" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-oJC7u-596">
    <fields>
        <field id="Id" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-oJD-q-614"/>
        <field id="RecordTypeId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-oJD-r-615"/>
    </fields>
    <rowactions>
        <action type="edit"/>
        <action type="delete"/>
    </rowactions>
    <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
        <action type="massupdate"/>
        <action type="massdelete"/>
    </massactions>
    <views>
        <view type="standard"/>
    </views>
</skootable>
<social model="account" uniqueid="sk-oJUZW-367" feedtype="">
    <actions/>
</social>
        
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css/>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-oIGom-231"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
    <interactions/>
</skuidpage>
Photo of John Freese

John Freese

  • 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I removed the Id from the URL condition and loaded a single record, and the page loaded fine after that. The Chatter Feed displayed correctly. I'm still seeing that error above however, but I don't think that's going to impact the user experience.

As an experiment, I removed the Chatter Feed, saved the page, and then re-added the component. and the Chatter Feed works. Again, I still get the above error, but I think we should be good now.

Thanks for your help. :)
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Official Rep

  • 16,856 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My pleasure. Thanks for responding with how you fixed the problem so that others can benefit from this in the future.