Chart Split Type "Template" Breaks Chart

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
The charts I've built that use a Template as the split type have stopped working. Where the series split values would typically show up in the legend, there is just a "Loading..." message and the split isn't happening. If I switch the split type back to "field" it works fine, but then we get the not-so-atheistically-pleasing (SUM) after all of the values. 

I have so many charts on so many pages, and I always split by template because it looks better in the legend. Would love to figure out how to fix this without having to change all of the charts. 

Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

• 3,016 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Pat Vachon

Pat Vachon, Champion

• 44,396 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm ... is the field in the model? Have you tried triple curly braces?
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

The field is in the model. Triple curly braces almost work! But then they get wonky when there are characters like forward slashes in the data. 

Photo of Pat Vachon

Pat Vachon, Champion

Whoa!!! That makes no sense.

I've been getting odd chart behaviour as of late. Change it back to double braces and try again.

I've also rebuilt charts to discover doing so fixed them. No difference in the builder UI that I could notice. Didn't review XML, but I suspect some rogue property in it was causing the issue.
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

Tried rebuilding the chart from scratch - same issues. I'm also having a lot of chart problems. Chart height property not being respected, causing the charts to overlap onto other components. :face palm:
Photo of Pat Vachon

Pat Vachon, Champion

Any characters outside 26 alphabet?
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

It will render the "-" character, but not "/"
Photo of Pat Vachon

Pat Vachon, Champion

So you've an issue with "/"?
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

That is one issue that I know of. But - changing the name of the stages in our sales process is not a viable workaround. 
Photo of Pat Vachon

Pat Vachon, Champion

Change it only for use in chart? UI-Only field to convert offending stage name?
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

This is just one instance of 50+ charts where the issue is happening. I don't think I can go that route.
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Alum

• 17,326 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
So far we've only seen this happen when custom Javascript is used. Can you copy and paste the XML here for us to take a look at it?
Photo of Kaede Holland

Kaede Holland

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true" theme="C5Lightning">
    <models>
        <model limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" id="opps" sobject="Opportunity">
            <fields>
                <field id="RecordTypeId"/>
                <field id="Amount"/>
                <field id="CloseDate"/>
                <field id="StageName"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions/>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <skuidvis__chart model="opps" maintitle="{{Model.labelPlural}}" type="column" uniqueid="sk-1C90-337" height="200px">
            <dataaxes>
                <axis id="axis1"/>
            </dataaxes>
            <categoryaxes>
                <axis id="categories" categorytype="field" field="CloseDate" fillvals="true" dategranularity="calquarter"/>
            </categoryaxes>
            <serieslist>
                <series valuefield="Amount" splittype="template" aggfunction="sum" splittemplate="{{StageName}}"/>
            </serieslist>
            <colors/>
            <legend layout="vertical" halign="left" valign="bottom"/>
        </skuidvis__chart>
        <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" hideheader="false" hidefooter="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="false" model="opps" buttonposition="" mode="readonly" allowcolumnreordering="false" responsive="false" uniqueid="sk-2h9J-272">
            <fields>
                <field id="Amount" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2h9J-293"/>
                <field id="CloseDate" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2h9J-294"/>
            </fields>
            <rowactions/>
            <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"/>
            <views>
                <view type="standard"/>
            </views>
        </skootable>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css/>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-1C90-299"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
</skuidpage>
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Alum

This is most certainly not expected behavior.
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Alum

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It appears there's an issue in how we are loading charts when template is used. I am logging this as a known issue in our tracking system so I will archive this ticket here. There is not a target date for getting this issue addressed yet but our devs are aware of it. 
Photo of Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis, Alum

• 1,218 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.1.14 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.