13.0.11 Guest User Access using stored credentials

Interesting. Have you made sure the guest user has all the updated permissions on the SF side to your public site home page and the objects on it?

Double check that the guest user profile has read permissions for the Skuid page object and any other objects on the page not accessed via your external data source. Also confirm that you’ve give the guest user access via sharing rule to the specific Skuid page record and any other records on the page not accessed via your external data source.

See this KB article: Troubleshooting: Guest User Access after Winter '21

HI Anna,

I can confirm the following:

The guest user profile has access to skuid page

The guest user has access to record i’m testing on

That skuid page only use SF as a DSO for all modals

At this point not sure what else can be the issue.

Let me know

Thank you!

Interesting… Can you also confirm that the guest user has a Skuid license?

It’s in Sandbox so no license assignment option available that i can see

@Anna_Wiersema let me know if you want me to grant access to this sandbox, so we can get to bottom of this.

If not any thing to help me move forward would be appreciated

Thx

@Dave Is this org on Spring '21 or Winter '21?

@Anna_Wiersema Spring 21

@Anna_Wiersema

Hey Anna, any ideas on what can we done for this?

As we are getting closer to limit and we need to implement this solution in production, before then.

Let me know

Thank you

Hey @Dave

1. To be 100% clear, you’ve created sharing rules to share the Skuid page record and the record your testing on with the guest user?

2. If you can verify that the user has permission to see the specific Skuid page record, I recommend running some tests to help isolate the cause of the error. You can comment out different parts of your page in the XML and seeing if the permissions error goes away. Then you can isolate which aspects of the page are causing the error.
  3. For curiosity's sake, did you rebuild your external SF connection in this org after upgrading, or did you upgrade an org with the existing external connection?

hey @Anna_Wiersema

1. ,

100% sure. test account i’m using has been shared to the guest user, same with Skuid page. I have a public group named skuid with the guest user h

ere’s record shared to group and guest userere’s record shared to that groupnd here’s skuid page , being shared as well .the user being used right now for testing in sandbox is mine, which is full admin license and has access to all, with no exceptions. When i preview page as my user all works fine…I upgraded org with an existing external connectionet me knowhank you!

here’s record shared to that group

User: 'image.png'

and here’s skuid page, being shared as well

User: 'image.png'

1. the user being used right now for testing in sandbox is mine, which is a full admin license and has access to all, with no exceptions. When I preview page as my user all works fine.

3.I upgraded org with an existing external connection

Let me know

Thank you!

I think you have not used the Guest User Sharing method to grant access to the Skuid Page. I don’t believe that Manual Sharing will be enough to grant read access to the Skuid Page Record.

I have rules set up below for the two public site access profiles in my org. (One for a Force.com site, and the second for a public Lightning community)

I configure this on the Sharing Settings page…

@Rob_Hatch thank you did that change, but still same issue

Can someone point me to instructions for setting up guest user access using stored credentials?

@Matt_Sones

This is what i was provided to accomplish this: https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/data/salesforce/

(first update and this message: http://community.skuid.com/discussion/7969406/salesforce-s-spring-20-release-changes-regarding-guest-users-starting-march-1-2020/)

@AnnaO @Rob_Clough

Hey guys we are getting closer to the forced change, anything else i can try, do you guys want access to sandbox?

Let me know

Thx

@Anna_Wiersema @Rob_Hatch

Hey guys we are getting closer to the forced change date limit, anything else i can try, do you guys want access to sandbox?

Let me know

Thx

@Anna_Wiersema

Hey Guys In the meantime I was waiting for suggestions, I actually created a new Sandbox and recreated whole process and it seems to work fine now!

I guess updating from 12.2.19, to 13.0.11 broke something…

In case makes a difference the new sandbox is on Skuid version: 13.0.12

Now to try on prod and hope all goes well :slight_smile:

Thank you

Super glad you were successful. Sorry we haven’t had the bandwidth to do a lot of deep debugging of your configuration. It is complicated in the SFDC side.

And finally - we do hope the prod implementation is successful.

Would love to see your public site… (I always love seeing Skuid in the wild)

@Rob_Hatch

Funny i was just typing this when I saw your message.

Everything went perfectly in sandbox , but now been trying since yesterday to do exact same setting sin prod, 3 times now and always the same issue: whenever I try to use the new externalSF DSO i get authentication failed.

This is just driving me crazy , as i double and triple check everything is exactly the same as in Sandbox.

Only 1 thing i noticed different, is when i create the DSO, it tries to create the Authentication providers on it’s own, and i see a an error message that goes away too quickly for me to read completely and copy it , but an error creating remote setting basically.

I tried creating it manually, that did not work, So i tried creating the authentication provider myself (not from the new DSO setup) and this time it creates the remote setting properly it seems, but still same issue.

And yes I would love to show you the public site anytime!

maybe we can have a quick screenshare so we can do both same time?

Let me know