Chatter is not working in Spark Update 3 (12.4.8)

I’ve just upgraded Skuid to the latest version (Spark Update 3 (12.4.8)). 
Now Chatter is not working in both V1 and V2 in Lightning experience. We cannot enter any message in Chatter.

Please help to resolve ASAP if possible. It’s very urgent for us.

Hello Kien, sorry that you’re experiencing this issue. Support has reached out to you via email to begin the investigation.

Hi Kien, thanks for bringing this to our attention, I’ve verified that there does appear to be an issue in 12.4.8 where Chatter does not work as expected in Lightning. 

I’ve logged this as a known issue in our tracking system and we will let you know when the fix is available.

Actually, it appears this is an issue with Salesforce where when building a custom lightning component or app in the developer console, forceChatter:publisher is rendering as an empty container.

You can view the status of the issue here and vote it up here: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000008gACQAY

Anna,

I make sure that this issue only occurs in the recently Skuid version (maybe Spark Update 3). I think it is not related to the issue in https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000008gACQAY.

FYI: I’m still able to use forceChatter:publisher in my custom lightning component.

Please help to check and resolve this.

Thanks for the update, Kevin. Do you mind sharing the custom lightning component code that is working for you?

Hi Anna,

I am also experiencing this issue. I have a V2 Skuid page that contains a chatter feed, and I have included that Skuid page in a Lighting page. While posting to chatter works when previewing the Skuid page, it does not allow the user to enter any text when viewed in the Lightning page. Do you have any updates to this issue?

I’m having the same issue with a Chatter component on a page in Boston when viewed in Lightning.

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that we’ve reached out to Salesforce about this issue. Thanks for your patience!

In the meantime, use the Lightning Chatter component in your Lightning pages and keep voting the issue up here: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000008gACQAY

Thanks Anna,

Another workaround we found for this issue was bringing in chatter through an iframe in the skuid page. This presents other sizing issues, and displays the classic chatter view vs the lightning chatter interface, but it was a better solution for our use case because it allowed us to keep chatter within the skuid page. Here’s the iframe configuration for chatter if it’s helpful for anyone else:

<iframe frameborder=0 width="100%" height="800px" src="/apex/skuid__Social?id={{{AccountId}}}"/> 

Thanks for sharing, @Elena_ONeil

Good news everyone! Skuid has fixed this issue in the new 13.0.10 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of this issue and thank you for your patience!

Salesforce has also marked this issue as resolved.