Skuid Component in Lightning App Builder does not load page includes

Hi,

We’re using the skuid component in the Lightning App Builder, and the top page that is inserted loads perfectly fine, but if we put a page include into the top skuid page, it sometimes loads, sometimes does not load, and the more page includes we have nested the less likely it is to work.

I know we can use the viusalforce page to surface the skuid page however this removes some of the functionality that we want. It also isn’t possible for us to remove the page includes and have the all the content on the top page.

Any ideas on what can be done to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

I found that for the page includes that don’t load, this is the error I get:

Error: Failed to execute ‘setItem’ on ‘Storage’: Setting the value of ‘2’ exceeded the quota.
at Object.value (aura_prod.js:37)
at y (skuid__SkuidReqsJS:1)
at I.add (skuid__SkuidReqsJS:1)
at Object.page (skuid__SkuidReqsJS:1)
at eval (skuid__SkuidReqsJS:1)
at l (skuid__VendorJS:2)
at Object.m (skuid__VendorJS:2)

I’ve run into this problem intermittently in Lightning implementations. I’m not exactly sure what is happening, but it seems to be tied to IndexedDB entries that salesforce is populating. If you open the developer tools in Chrome and look in the “Application” tab, and expand the “IndexedDB” node - you will probably find lots and lots of entries. I’m not sure why the are proliferating, but Skuid is not creating these. The org I was working in had several hundred replicated entries.

(the “skuid-demo…” in that picure is just the URL of the org I’m testing in. )

You can clear the IndexedDB entries by clicking on “Clear Storage” and making sure IndexedDb is selected. That should get your Skuid page to run again.

Please let us know if this continues to happen.

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has addressed the indexedDB issue as of versions 12.4.14 and above. Install links for the latest versions of Skuid are available on the Skuid Releases page.

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

1 Like