Sliding Panels fail to display in Lightning Detail page when activated from button in Page Title Com

as per title…an Opportunity Record/Detail page using Skuid Assignment sliding panels work once then won’t display when the next record is loaded. (Ironically it is likely a rendering issue as there are actions that execute on sliding panel that still run/render just unseen because the panel doesn’t slide out). 

Sample page attached. Will work fine in preview but when added to lightning, fails.

To reproduce: Place button in Page Title component that opens sliding panel (any config) on a record page. Navigate to tab then to record and the second time the sliding panel triggered in Page Title won’t display. (In sample one button is in and out of Page Title). Refreshing the page will then let it work once. 

Skuid for SF v12.4.8

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" theme="Farmers 1" title="Opportunities">
<models>
<model id="opp" limit="20" query="true" datasource="salesforce" processonclient="true" sobject="Opportunity">
<fields>
<field id="Name"/>
<field id="Id"/>
<field id="Type"/>
<field id="Account.Name"/>
</fields>
<actions/>
<conditions>
<condition type="param" value="Id" field="Id" operator="=" enclosevalueinquotes="true"/>
</conditions>
</model>
</models>
<components>
<pagetitle uniqueid="sk-1t56-424" model="opp">
<maintitle>
<template>{{Name}}</template>
</maintitle>
<subtitle>
<template>{{Model.label}}</template>
</subtitle>
<actions>
<action type="multi" label="In Page Title" uniqueid="sk-1t5x-428">
<actions>
<action type="openSlidingPanel" openbehavior="open">
<panel title="Sliding Panel Contents" uniqueid="sk-1t5--442" size="270px" origin="bottom" closeonpageclick="true" behavior="overlay">
<components>
<richtext multiple="false" uniqueid="sk-1t62-448">
<contents>&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Bottom dweller&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;
</contents>
</richtext>
</components>
<interactions>
<interaction type="tap">
<action type="closeSlidingPanel" closebehavior="close"/>
</interaction>
</interactions>
</panel>
</action>
</actions>
</action>
</actions>
</pagetitle>
<buttonset model="opp" uniqueid="sk-1p58-627">
<buttons>
<button type="multi" label="Out of title" uniqueid="sk-1p58-632">
<actions>
<action type="openSlidingPanel" openbehavior="open">
<panel title="Sliding Panel Contents" uniqueid="sk-1p5D-644" size="270px" origin="left" closeonpageclick="true" behavior="overlay">
<components>
<template multiple="false" uniqueid="sk-1p5X-702" allowhtml="true">
<contents>Say Hi</contents>
<renderconditions logictype="and"/>
</template>
</components>
</panel>
</action>
</actions>
<renderconditions logictype="and"/>
<enableconditions/>
</button>
</buttons>
</buttonset>
<skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" hideheader="false" hidefooter="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="true" model="opp" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-1p4z-567">
<fields>
<field id="Id" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1p51-585"/>
<field id="Type" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1p51-586"/>
<field id="Name" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1p51-587"/>
<field id="Account.Name" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1p51-588"/>
</fields>
<rowactions>
<action type="edit"/>
<action type="delete"/>
</rowactions>
<massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
<action type="massupdate"/>
<action type="massdelete"/>
</massactions>
<views>
<view type="standard"/>
</views>
</skootable>
</components>
<resources>
<labels/>
<javascript/>
<css/>
<actionsequences uniqueid="sk-1p49-395"/>
</resources>
<styles>
<styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
</styles>
</skuidpage>

Hey Arne, thanks for including the repro page for this one. I’m working on reproducing the issue in one of our orgs and have a couple of questions for you about how you have the Lightning tab and detail page set up:

• If I’m understanding correctly, it sounds like you’re going back and forth from the opportunity tab/list page and the detail page, is this correct?
  • Is the opportunity tab page also built in Skuid?
  • What are the Lightning page settings for these pages? (e.g. page type, object, template) (see screenshot):
    Thanks!

Yes- record,Opp,One region
Opp tab is lightning standard
Yes between the tab and record

Are  you not seeing the behavior?

Stay safe and well

I thought I was missing something in the Lighting Page Activation Settings, because the Opp detail page was opening in the main Opportunities tab rather than a new tab as I expected it would. However, I can still see the issue: If I go to any other tab and then re-open the opportunity detail page, the page title button no longer works. Bizarre!

Thanks for reporting this one, I’ve logged it so the devs are aware of it. We’ll let you know when a fix is available.

Current Workarounds:

• using the button set component + rich text in a responsive grid to simulate the layout of the page title buttons.
  • Use v2 pages (Header component seems not to be affected by this issue)

completely bizarre! I went with the first one :slight_smile: v2 still a lil bit away.

BTW points still seem to be accumulating.

Thanks for all you do!