Any helpful Skuid on Salesforce (V2) form training videos or tutorials (relating to pulling existing

I am new to Skuid and have no JavaScript experience. I am not asking for any solution work (though welcome ideas!) rather curious if anyone has good online tutorials or training videos they can recommend for Skuid V2.

I am trying to learn how to populate fields on a Skuid form pulling from specific Salesforce records. The goal being that users can return to their form submission and update the associated previously submitted record (pulling back that data into the form’s fields and being able to edit/overwrite it). However, my attempts with conditions and queries, using search or UI lookup field, has not been successful yet; I either end up pulling back the wrong record or some reason completely making the form vanish. Feeling lost and could use some 101 training on the topic.

I know once experienced in Skuid, this will likely be a very simple issue. However, being totally new to this, I am wondering what online resources might be available. The majority of community comments I see on these topics are not recent and tend to be for V1, with heavy JavaScript solutions. Are there any good walkthroughs for V2 which represent its trend toward more declarative building?

Thank you on these early steps. I hope that as I learn, I can return the favors with my own contributing answers too!

Hey Rob! Thanks for reaching out.  

We currently offer some skuid basic videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiN-Sna8J2xC7o7UlazdmXTQiSBNmFFhE. They are on v1 but the concepts are almost the same.  I would check out video 11.  We are also in the process of developing more videos for v2.  Oh, and one more thing, if you haven’t already signed up for the virtual build-an-app workshop series. I would go a head and do that too! 

Shifting to your use case: where is the user returning to the form from? Is it a list or a table? You would want to create a condition on the model from your form that is looking up the Id of the record you want to show. Field = Id, operator = is, value = leave black, and state = filterable default off.  

Then on the list or table, where ever your user is clicking to pull up the form. You need an interaction with the following: 

1. Activate and set value of model condition where the model = the form, condition is Id (or whatever you named it) and the value is {{Id}}. 
  2. Query the model with the form. 

Try copying and pasting this xml into a new page. This is what I was talking about in the previous comment, and the example is account list with account record details.

<pre alt="" title="" name="" value="" type="" target="" rel=""><skuid__page unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" showheader="true">
<models>
<model id="Account_List" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Account">
<fields>
<field id="RecordTypeId"/>
<field id="Id"/>
<field id="Name"/>
</fields>
<conditions/>
<actions/>
</model>
<model id="Account_Details" limit="1" query="false" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Account">
<fields>
<field id="RecordTypeId"/>
<field id="Id"/>
<field id="Name"/>
<field id="Description"/>
<field id="Phone"/>
<field id="Type"/>
<field id="Industry"/>
</fields>
<conditions>
<condition type="fieldvalue" value="" enclosevalueinquotes="true" field="Id" clientorserver="server" state="filterableoff" inactive="true" name="Id"/>
</conditions>
<actions/>
</model>
</models>
<components>
<skuid__grid uniqueid="sk-1ahQ-1125" flexDirection="row" justifyContent="flex-start" alignItems="flex-start" columnGutter="2">
<divisions>
<division minWidth="100px" ratio="1" alignSelf="auto">
<components>
<skuid__list model="Account_List" uniqueid="sk-1ahi-3712">
<columns>
<column fillRatio="1">
<items>
<item fieldId="Name" displayType="field"/>
</items>
</column>
</columns>
<rowActions/>
<massActions/>
<filtering enableSearch="false" instantSearch="false"/>
<interactions>
<interaction type="tap">
<action type="setCondition" model="Account_Details" condition="Id" value="{{Id}}"/>
<action type="requeryModels" behavior="standard">
<models>
<model>Account_Details</model>
</models>
</action>
</interaction>
</interactions>
</skuid__list>
</components>
</division>
<division alignSelf="auto" minWidth="100px" ratio="4">
<components>
<skuid__form showErrorsInline="true" model="Account_Details" uniqueid="sk-1aiA-8619" mode="edit" showSaveCancel="true">
<sections>
<section title="New Section" showHeading="false">
<rows>
<row>
<fields>
<skuid__field id="Name"/>
</fields>
</row>
<row>
<fields>
<skuid__field id="Description" showHelp="true"/>
</fields>
</row>
<row>
<fields>
<skuid__field id="Phone"/>
</fields>
</row>
<row>
<fields>
<skuid__field id="Type"/>
</fields>
</row>
<row>
<fields>
<skuid__field id="Industry"/>
</fields>
</row>
</rows>
</section>
</sections>
</skuid__form>
</components>
</division>
</divisions>
<styles>
<spacing top="6" bottom="6" left="6" right="6"/>
</styles>
</skuid__grid>
</components>
<resources>
<labels/>
<javascript/>
<css/>
<actionsequences/>
</resources>
<styles>
<styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
</styles>
</skuid__page></pre>

Thank you @Rew. This is incredibly helpful context to get me going forward. I’ll watch through the content videos you sent and along and explore the xml page too. Grateful for both leads and your additional notes!

Hi Rob… the user data you want to display? Is it your company’s user data or a contact’s data