0 in number field is saved to record, rendered as blank on the page

Hello,

I have a issue with the rendering of a number field in a form on a page in Spark. It’s being displayed as ‘Number’ and doesn’t have anything fancy going on with it. There are no issues when any number other than 0 is entered. However, when 0 is entered, whenever I click outside of the form field it appears that the field reverts to blank. When I inspect the model the field still has 0 in it, not blank, and when I save the model it saves 0 to the field with no issue. It appears that this is a rending issue, that skuid is reading 0 in a number field as a blank value for some reason.

Normally I would add some javascript to just render the form again, but since this is in Spark that’s not an option anymore.

Is this a known issue? Is there any easy fix to render 0 in a number field?

Thanks!

Hi Joe,

It sounds like you may be running something related to a known issue, DSC-1405: “For formulas with a return type of number, zero displays as blank.” This known issue was resolved in Skuid release 12.2.8 - which version are you working in?

Hi Mark. We are on version 12.1.5 in the environment we are developing this on. The page is using api v2

Joe, it’s been quite a while since I checked in on this post. Did you ever get a chance to test a newer version of Skuid to see if versions after 12.2.8 resolved this?