Preload page include for UX

I’ve been making a push to polish my org like crazy. In an effort to limit the number of pages, models and components, I’ve been leveraging the page include component a whole lot.

What I’d like to do is pre load Skuid pages used in any page includes. Specifically in locations such as drawers, popups and panels. This way it would behave like it was built as part of the page and instantly open. Otherwise, the page include component needs to query Salesforce for the Skuid Page and thus wait to load.

Interesting idea. So you take a hit on overall page load time at the beginning, but you only load a page once…

No. Page includes do not delay main page load. They start only once the main page has completed loading.

ah, nice. So The idea is that all the includes would just load in the background after the main page has loaded and then would be available immediately when asked for…

I like it!

The record of the Skuid Page. Not its models, components and such.

+1 on this idea!

^^^ bump ^^^

A note - if you are able to use master-child (or even master-child-grandchild) pages, then the pages are all loaded at once on page load, which saves you from the staggered page load.

Sometimes it really does make more sense to use page includes, but if the specs permit, master-child pages can deliver the seamless page load you’re looking for.