Support for the Time field type?

Does Skuid for Salesforce have support for the Time field type? Or are there any known workarounds (custom renderer?) that have been shared in the Community already? Apologies if there are - I’ve not been able to find any.

The problem I’m having - I have a Time field. In standard Salesforce UI, there’s a nice Time Picker widget that lets a human select a time, but then makes sure it gets saved in the correct format in the back end (e.g. 11:00.000+00:00Z or something like that).

In Skuid however, it’s presented as a plain old text field. Unless you put in a string that is in the correct format, you can’t save the record.

This is on Millau, and though we’re having this issue in a Community, it appears to be a problem for internal Salesforce users as well.

Gary, it is on our backlog to add a “Time” renderer, that is essentially just the time portion of our current “Datetime” renderer. But currently there’s no built-in renderer for it.

Thanks for the confirmation Zach!

Thanks Zach. Is there a timeline for this (see what I did there?)?Many thanks

+1

Thank you @Gary @Robin and @rslack for your patience! Support for Time fields has been implemented in the Chicago Update 1 release (14.3.1+)

Best,
Skuid Support team

The latest Chicago release 14.4.7 is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce and an overview of the installation process can be found here. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes and design systems after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of this issue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.