My skuid page is really big

I think I may have hit the limit in XML characters that skuid is capable of storing in SF.

I say this because i had to delete some txt from the xml just now in order to add the closing > to the xml

Hi Brandon,

To test whether you have in fact exceeded the XML size limit, hereā€™s a line of JavaScript you can run from the JavaScript Console in the Page XML Editor that will tell you either ā€œLimit Exceededā€ or ā€œUnder the limitā€:

(skuid.$M('page').getFieldValues(skuid.$M('page').data[0],skuid.builder.core.layoutFields,true).join('').length>=(32768*5))?'Limit Exceeded':'Under the limit';

Zach, I ran the script it did not return that it had to many characters, however I just changed a label and saved the skuid page and it did the same thing, it is cutting off the last > on the skuid closing statement, could it be a number of lines? I am at 2054

Note that as of 2018, thereā€™s a small change that needs to happen in that script to get it to work (the script as is throws a ā€˜Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜mapā€™ of undefinedā€™ error).

(skuid.$M('page').getFieldValues(skuid.$M('page').data[0],skuid.builder.core.getLayoutFields(),true).join('').length>=(32768*5))?'Limit Exceeded':'Under the limit';

Has this limit changed recently? We are getting Limit Exceeded with the above script, and are nearly 5x over 32768*5 at 560000+, however itā€™s not cutting off the XML, itā€™s just running really really slow. Weā€™re going to break it up into page includes, because thereā€™s a significant delay in doing normal tasks in the page builder, but other than slowness the page continues to function (whereas in the past Iā€™ve had that issue of XML cutting off).Ā 

Your page is too big. :slight_smile: A while back, (Iā€™m not sure when) Salesforce increased the length of long text areas from 32768 to 131072. So you should be able to go up to 131072*5. I wouldnā€™t recommend it though.

But thereā€™s still 861,000 characters available on the Page object! haha yeahā€¦ getting up above 560,000 makes development really tedious. Click, waitā€¦Ā 

Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile: