New Component on existing page is being linked to it's individual record

I have tried to create a condition that will connect a new component built in a pre-existing page. I have created a custom object for this specific component. Long story short, it is a “strategy notes” field that will allow our guys to add notes to a specific claim. I am able to add notes but it shows up for every claim that I click. Therefore, there needs to be a condition that will allow me to link this page to its parent(claims). What fields and relationships do i need to add in order for me to allow each note to be exclusive to a specific claim? Or is this even the problem? 

James, your model conditions look ok, although the second condition seems like it might be unnecessary.

Be sure you have added the ParentId field to your Notes model. Also be sure that you have the Id field added to your “Clai” model.

Lastly, it looks a bit odd that you are loading 20 note records. Typically, if you use a Field Editor component, you would only load 1 record under “Max # of Records (Limit)” property.

Could you post the XML for your page here?

That way someone could likely take a look and see what might be causing the issue.

James, could Conlan’s reply help you solving the issue?
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks Conlan :slight_smile:

There doesn’t seem to be a “note” object in my salesforce object manager, even though I am allowed to bring in a “note” model from salesforce into Skuid. I did not build this page. I have tried to create a master detail field as the ParentID in fields and relationships so that I can connect the main object (Claims) and the object I created (Claims Strategy Notes). Not sure how this can be done without having a parent-child relationship with the two objects. 

Figured some things out and got it. Thank you everyone. 

That’s great news, thank you for the update, James! If you have time and want to share your solution, it might be helpful for other community users in the future :slight_smile: