Translations for Custom Fields

Hi

Is there a way to have a field label translated on a skuid page without using a custom label?  This would be for a custom field.  Thanks.

Can you elaborate on what you’re requesting? Pictures would be great! The more information we have, the better we’ll be able to assist you.

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your help.  We have some custom fields in Salesforce, and we would like to use translation workbench to translate those fields without having to create custom labels.  I noticed for standard fields, it is working correctly without needing a custom label, and I see the fields are being translated.  But for custom fields, even thought we translated the field, on the skuid page it isn’t using the translation.  I read through an article on label localization:

https://docs.skuid.com/v10.0.4/en/skuid/localization.html

And by using custom label, I should be able to translate field labels.  The issue is for this project, there is over 200 fields that would need to be translated, and I would prefer not to have to create 200 custom labels if for custom fields we can translate them on skuid pages using just translation workbench and skip having to create custom labels.

Johnny, Skuid should be taking into account your translations for the custom field labels automatically. Have you tried changing your user’s language preference, and then refreshing the Skuid Page? Also can you post a screenshot of your Translation Workbench configuration? Sometimes translations are made in the wrong direction, e.g. i’ve seen some scenarios where customers think they’re making Spanish translations but because they were actually making English translations with Spanish content — it can be somewhat confusing.

Hi Zack

Thank you for your reply.

Here’s an example from community:

The language is set to french, and status and Case number (both standard fields) got translated.  Incident Type is a custom field and it wasn’t translated.

Here’s the translation:

Any update?  Would appreciate the support, thanks.

Johnny, I have not been able to replicate this behavior. When I try this on my own, i get the correct translations.

Is this page being viewed by authenticated users, or by public Site users?

Also, has the Label for that table Column been hard-coded to be Incident Type? Check the “Incident Type” column in the Table in your Skuid Page, and is there anything in its “Custom Label” property?

Hi Zach

The page is being viewed by authenticated users who has their own login.  On the Skuid page, for that field, under field properties, the field “Custom label” is blank.  I have tried different browsers to make sure it’s not a cache issue, and translation for custom fields is simply not working.

Johnny, can you grant login access to Skuid Support and then post your Company Name and Org Id here, along with a URL that we can go to to replicate this issue? We’ll take a look. Thanks!

Is this resolved? Because am seeing same issue.