Skuid Page: Rendered event-triggered Sequence - will Models have returned all data?

When using the Skuid Page: Rendered event-triggered sequence, if there are models on the page is this only triggered once the models return their data?

I’m creating a map (like a geological map) and triggering it via a Skuid Page: Rendered snippet. It doesn’t quite work. But when I tell it to wait a second or two (via setTimeout) it works fine.

Odd!

Is this maybe also why I keep running into this issue? https://community.skuid.com/t/table-components-with-allow-scroll-bars-not-showing-any-dat…

Could it be that there’s an issue with Skuid’s rendering lifecycle in Lightning?

Cheers!

Louis

Louis, that is the expected behavior, yes, as long as all of the Models are set to have their data queried on page load, Skuid should wait until those Models are loaded to fire the “Skuid Page: Rendered” event. If this is not what’s happening, then it’s a bug, but another thing you can do to “ensure” that this is the case is to go into each Model’s Advanced properties and ensure that “Process Model client-side” is selected.

Thanks Zach - I hadn’t seen the “Process Model client-side” option - that’s interesting, thank you.

I’m still having the issue with the map. It’s affecting 11.2.11 but not 11.0.6. Exactly the same page except for the Skuid version. It really does feel to me like something’s not quite right (see above link). There’s definitely some weirdness. I can allow you access to the sandbox(11.2.11)/production(11.0.6) org showing the above issue if it will help diagnose?

Also, I meant ‘geographical map’ above. Not geological. I wish I was making geological maps. I just wanted to clear that up.

Sure, if you can Grant Login Access to the Sandbox to Skuid Support, I can take a look.

Also we have are now adding a “Geological Map” component to the roadmap :wink:

People are breaking our doors down trying to get Skuid to show where their rocks and mountains are located

Thanks Zach!

Sandbox = 00D0D0000008cxU 
Production = 00Dw0000000D67A 

Lightning Experience
App = Scotty Members
Tab = Members and Guardians

Thank youuuuuu!

Interestingly I’m also from time to time having exactly the same issue as I’m recording here: https://community.skuid.com/t/table-components-with-allow-scroll-bars-not-showing-any-dat…

But this is in a different org. Here’s a screenshot: