Skuid_Page_Viewer: The user license doesn't allow Object Permissions

I’m trying to upgrade my skuid version on one of our sandboxes in salesforce, but I’m running into this:

Package: Skuid (04t4A000000YWvf)
Error Number: 1145989358-143160 (-391849440)
Problem:

1. (Skuid_Page_Viewer) The user license doesn’t allow Object Permissions
    Skuid_Page_Viewer: The user license doesn’t allow Object Permissions

I’ve already checked Sharing Settings, and the permission set, but I’m not sure where else to look.

Has anyone else run into this error, or would have an lead on where to check?

Hi Nick,

Can you check to make sure your user has Skuid Page Builder and Skuid Admin permission sets as well, and try upgrading again? Also, make sure you’re only logged into the sandbox you plan to upgrade. 

I just tried again, with only being logged into that org, and with Skuid Admin, Page Builder, and Page Viewer permission sets.

Same error:
Package: Skuid (04t4A000000YWvf)
Error Number: 1559834436-60397 (-391849440)
Problem:

1. (Skuid_Page_Viewer) The user license doesn’t allow Object Permissions
    Skuid_Page_Viewer: The user license doesn’t allow Object Permissions

Nick, which release are you starting with, and which are you trying to install? Also, can you share which edition of Salesforce your org has?

We’re already on 11.0.5, and I was just trying to catch up to the current being: 11.2.11.

We’re not super far behind, and it’s nothing mission critical, this is just a new error for us.

The type of org we’re on is Organization Edition: Enterprise Edition

Hi Nick,

We were able to resolve a very similar issue for another customer this morning, and I wanted to share our findings.  The short version:

If you see an error like the below in a failed Skuid installation:

(Skuid_Page_Builder) The user license doesn’t allow Assigned Apps

it’s referring to a user’s Salesforce License. In this custome’rs case, one of the users with the Skuid_Page_Builder permission set had a Salesforce License that does not allow for Assigned Apps. Older versions of Skuid didn’t include permission to use Assigned Apps in the Skuid Page Builder permission set, but newer ones do. The fix is to remove the Skuid Page Builder permission set from the user with the restrictive Salesforce License.

In your case, I would look at a list of users that have the Skuid Page Viewer permission set, and take note of those users’ Salesforce Licenses. One of the user licenses being used, perhaps a Chatter User for example, does not allow for any object permissions, and the installation is failing because their Skuid Page Viewer permission set is trying to grant that. Let me know if I can clarify any of this, and if you’re able to find the user license that’s causing this. 

Hi Nick, were you able to resolve the issue with the information above?