Enable click to dial while using Read with Inline Editing Mode on Field Editor

I would like to have my field editor in read with inline editing mode, however I also need the click to dial icon on my phone fields which only appears when in edit or read-only mode. Any ideas to enable click to dial while in read with inline edit mode? 

Hi Chana,

I tried to reproduce the behavior you’re describing, but I haven’t seen the dial icon you’re referring to. Can you provide any more details on how this can be reproduced?

As a starting point, here is some XML for a page I’ve been working on in researching your question. On the right column, I added a template field for the Business Phone that adds a custom clickable URL for the phone, since that might be a way to wrangle the phone field and get better control of its behavior.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true">
    <models>
        <model id="Contact" limit="1" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Contact">
            <fields>
                <field id="Name"/>
                <field id="Phone"/>
                <field id="HomePhone"/>
                <field id="MobilePhone"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions/>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" model="Contact" uniqueid="sk-3AzN-289" mode="read">
            <columns>
                <column width="50%" uniqueid="sk-3AzN-285">
                    <sections>
                        <section title="Section A" uniqueid="sk-3AzN-286">
                            <fields>
                                <field uniqueid="sk-3AzN-290" id="Name"/>
                                <field uniqueid="sk-3AzN-291" id="Phone"/>
                            </fields>
                        </section>
                    </sections>
                </column>
                <column width="50%" uniqueid="sk-3AzN-287">
                    <sections>
                        <section title="Section B" uniqueid="sk-3AzN-288" collapsible="no">
                            <fields>
                                <field uniqueid="sk-3AzO-317" type="COMBO" editmodebehavior="autopopup">
                                    <label>Business Phone</label>
                                    <template>&amp;lt;a href="tel:{{{Phone}}}"&amp;gt; {{{Phone}}}</template>
                                </field>
                            </fields>
                        </section>
                    </sections>
                </column>
            </columns>
        </basicfieldeditor>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css/>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-3AzK-238"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
</skuidpage>

Hi Mark,

I’m referring to the phone icon that appears after the phone number in phone data type fields while the ‘Default Mode’ is set to ‘Edit’, see below.

I would like to have that phone icon appear on the page when the ‘Default Mode’ is set to ‘Read with Inline Edit’. When I changed the ‘Default Mode’ (in field editor) to ‘Read with Inline Edit’ now the click to dial phone icon is no longer visible.

*This feature only works when call centers are enabled which is why you weren’t able to replicate it: https://community.skuid.com/t/click-to-dial