create a photo view table of chatter images

I am trying to create a table of all the chatter photos my customers are posting about an object.  I would like to show the photo view but I can only find “ref” fields when I select the image field.  The tables list view work fine.

Hi Chad,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you are trying to get set up here. Could you provide more detail on what you have currently, and what your ideal end result would be?

Additionally I wanted to share the documentation on the skuid Image component as that may be helpful resource to have given the topic being related to images: 

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/components/image/#using-the-image-component

Thanks,

Josh

My use case is as follows: We use chatter to post pictures of job progress. The feed shows a rhumbnail of the photos and we can click to enlarge. But i would like to create an image gallery that is a grid of all the photos posted in chatter on this job so we can visually look for a photo. Basically an image gallery of chatter posted photos. I thought a table with photo view would accomplish this but while i can create the list i cannot get photos to show.

Chad,

Have you had a chance to take a look at this tutorial?

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/components/table/photo-view-table.html

Thanks,

Josh

Yes and it works well for things like products where we have uploaded images. I am trying to do this very thing but with the photos that are created with a chatter photo post. In mobile, do a couple of chatter posts with photos in them then try to create a table of those photos to look at

Hi Chad,

I’m not generally an architect of pages, so I want to share this with the disclaimer that it is possible there is another way to do this, but here is what I was able to get going in a sandbox of mine:

I created a simple page with three models based on each of the following Salesforce Objects, with the following conditions:

Account 

Condition: Account records where Id is the id page parameters

ContentDocument 

Condition: ContentDocument records where Id is the value of the ContentDocumentId field from the first row returned by the ContentDocumentLink model

ContentDocumentLink

Condition: LinkedEntityId is the value of the Id field from the first row returned by the (Account) model

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the models were in place, what I did was pull in a table, looking at the content document object. In this, I created an image field where I pointed to the image URL with merge syntax to pull in the contentId={{{Id}}} for the image.

This allowed me to bring in chatter feed uploaded images into the table in my testing. As mentioned, I’m not certain this is the best method of doing this but it at least initially appears to work from this side! Other community members, please feel free to chime in if you have another way you’ve done this!

Feel free to give this a try to see if it is helpful for your use case!

Thanks,

Josh

I will give this a try. Would you mind posting the. Xml for it ?