Table action icon tooltips do not clear when the action is rendered off

A row action on a table is made conditional with a rendering rule. The action itself changes the value used by the rendering rule, so the action essentially turns itself off.

The problem is the tooltip generated for the icon. The tooltip does not clear when the rendering rule suppresses the row action.

Here is a sample table:

I do not know if this behavior changed with version 11.1.10, but it does not seem like expected behavior. My opinion is that the sticky tooltips is an unexpected behavior, even if intended by design. A tooltip is a help to aid the user in deciding whether or not to click the item, not a record of it having been clicked.

Here is the sample page:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" showheader="true"> <models> <model id="Users" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" sobject="User" orderby="Name" datasource="salesforce"> <fields> <field id="NewField" uionly="true" displaytype="TEXT" label="UI Field"></field> </fields> <conditions></conditions> <actions></actions> <groupby method="simple"></groupby> </model> </models> <components> <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" hideheader="false" hidefooter="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="true" model="Users" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-2O7U-274"> <fields> <field id="NewField" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2O7U-293"></field> </fields> <rowactions> <action type="edit"></action> <action type="delete"></action> <action type="multi" label="Mark this row" icon="sk-icon-magic"> <actions> <action type="updateRow" fieldmodel="Users" affectedrows="context" field="NewField" enclosevalueinquotes="true" value="Marked"></action> </actions> <renderconditions logictype="and"> <rendercondition type="fieldvalue" operator="!=" enclosevalueinquotes="true" fieldmodel="Users" sourcetype="fieldvalue" field="NewField" fieldtargetobjects="User" value="Marked"></rendercondition> </renderconditions> </action> </rowactions> <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"> <action type="massupdate"></action> <action type="massdelete"></action> </massactions> <views> <view type="standard"></view> </views> </skootable> </components> <resources> <labels></labels> <javascript></javascript> <css></css> <actionsequences uniqueid="sk--mD-659"></actionsequences> </resources> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"></styleitem> </styles> </skuidpage>

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and pasting the XML. I’ve been able to reproduce this problem in 11.1.13.

I’ll update you when we have a fix out for this issue.

Thanks!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Salesforce Alerts not popping up when on Skuid page. I created a Skuid page to act as our operations home page.  The page itself works but I am unable to get reminder alerts from tasks to popup.  Can you help me understand why?  The alerts fire correctly if I am just in Salesforce and not the Skuid page.

I merged the wrong two conversations together, so I’m separating this back into its own thread. Please reference the new conversation here: Salesforce Alerts not popping up when on Skuid page

By the way, is there any recourse in the meantime to css coding to turn off the labels completely?

Hi Mike, I’ve found a workaround you can try, to clear out those tool tips. After the action that causes the Row Action to become unrendered, you can add two “Toggle Component” actions to toggle the table. The first one would “Hide” the table, and the second one will “Show” it. This is effectively a declarative way of re-rendering the table, which clears out the tool tips that have become orphaned from the page elements that are now hidden. It looks like this in my test page:

That works! Without even a flicker!

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.2.6 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.