Can't select field for Default Value field of "Create New Row(s)" action within "Action Sequence"

Thank you for the screenshots and the XML. Let me shed some light on the additional options of “Create new row(s)” in an Action Sequence. As usual, you could select an existing model and its fields, e.g. the model “Task” of your sample page. This model would be fix in the Action Sequence. And you are able to select its fields and enter default values. Wherever you use this Action Sequence, it will create a new row in the model “Task”. If that is the desired result, please choose “Task” as model in the Action Sequence (not “Task Model” as seen in your second screenshot).

But maybe you want to create a more general Action Sequence that creates a new row in a model, without having an existing model assigned fix. So that you can use it several times on your page and choose a different models. More like a template Action Sequence with flexible model settings. Wherever you use this Action Sequence, you will be able to select a model (and its fields) individually. Therefore you can use the tab “Inputs”. I can see that you already created a model input named "Task Model ". Since you selected this in the Action Sequence instead of the model “Task”, you can no longer see the “Task” model fields.

Next step would be to create a model field input. As soon as you created a model field input, this is what you will see in the list of fields for that input model. You can select it and enter a default value. More information can be found in our documentation here: https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/action-framework/action-sequences/#reusable-action-sequences

I adjusted your page and it contains two samples of the action sequence now: one Action Sequence which creates a new row in the model “Task”. And another Action Sequence which uses variable model and model field inputs. I also added two more models and buttons to show the flexibility of the variable inputs.

Please find the sample XML below and let me know if this is helpful for you. Thanks!