Custom Themes - Do they updated as well?

Clicking on “Update out of Date Themes” button on themes page, does it update custom themes as well?

I’ve found in the past that I had to open the theme builder for my custom themes, and simply press ‘save’ without making any changes. That would complete the update. It looks like 8.15.14 might have fixed that?

* [SKUID-2552] - Themes not properly updating

??

Seems this is still an issue as I was to correct my issue by simple pressing save as suggested. Currently on 9.3 so custom themes don’t get updated unless they are manually saved. Strange.

Skuid Support? Is this something that does get updated? Custom Themes get updated as per their base counterparts?

That’s a good question…

We’re sending this question up to the devs and will keep you posted on what we find out.

Thanks!

I’ve confirmed with our dev team that the custom themes are updated when you click on “Update Out of Date Themes”. There may be a delay of updating the resource after you click the update button, but eventually should be updating.

Thanks

A possibly related issue was discovered, which causes your custom theme’s inline CSS to not be applied. The dev team is aware, and the short-term fix is easy: if this occurs, edit your custom theme, then edit the inline CSS and add a space, or make another inconsequential change, and save your theme. This forces a re-evaluation of the CSS and should allow the theme to display correctly. 

Great! I’ve been having issues with our custom themes, and didn’t think of this as a possible workaround. Thanks Mark.

The issue with custom themes not applying inline CSS has been resolved in Brooklyn Update 1, Iteration 5 which is now available from the Skuid Releases page at http://www.skuid.com/skuidreleases. As a reminder, Salesforce does not allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

The ‘update themes’ feature seems mysterious and a bit risky. I’ve been surprised by the unexpected impact to custom themes.

Can someone please explain or point me to a reference that says exactly what is happening when we push the button? All the themes (standard and custom) get a new modified date, but what is really changing? Is there a way we can inspect the changes or diff old and new?

Since this isn’t directly related to the original issue (which is now resolved), I’ve given this question its own identity. Please reference the new conversation here: Explanation of Theme Update Process