Silk Icons in 11.1.1?

Silk Icons seem to be gone from 11.1.1.  They do not show when I apply a standard theme.  My custom themes display them… unless I edit the theme at all, and then they no longer display.  

Hello Elissa,

Are you seeing any messages in the browser console when your page is set up to use a Silk Icon?

I upgraded to 11.1.6 and refreshed themes.  Everything looked good until I edited my theme again - and then the icons disappear.  

Here’s the console error I think might be related: 

WARNING: Unsupported [object HTMLCollection] method: window. Returning undefined

We just upgraded to 11.1.6 and our Edit pencils are gone from Field Editors with read with inline edit.  This is only happening with Classic based themes.  We have other themes that are not classic based, and they are not affected.  I thought this might be related.

Thank you Chandra and Elissa for sharing the details behind your scenarios.

By any chance, is your “Update Out Of Date Themes” button visible on the themes page? If so, go ahead and update them and let us know what you see. 

Also, are you seeing this in Lightning and Classic Salesforce?
And finally, which browsers are showing the issue (if not all)?

No, “Update Out of Date Themes” is not showing - I did use that button after first installing, but upon editing the theme (after using the button) saw the issue.

I’m seeing this in Classic and Chrome. 

I’ve just set up a page that uses the Classic theme out of the box, and I’m able to load Silk icons in it using 11.1.6. Chandra, are you able to try the out-of-the-box Classic theme to see if the error persists? 

I also created a custom theme based on Classic, and here I do see that the Silk icons are not loading, and the Standard icons are monochrome, not the multi-colored versions you’d see in OOTB Classic. However, I’m not seeing any console errors, so the one mentioned above may not be related. I will bring this to the attention of our development team for further investigation, and we will update this Community post when more information is available. 

The edit pencil for a read with inline edit field editor is not there for both my custom Classic based theme, and the out of the box classic theme.  

I can still double click into the field editor and edit, but there is no indication that it is an editable field without the pencil on hover.

Thanks, Mark.  I’m seeing the same behavior that you’re seeing - I can use the Classic theme out-of-the box, but can’t create a new theme and use the Silk icons.  

One thing I did notice - I created a theme based on classic BEFORE I upgraded to 11.1.6.  Silk icons worked.  Then, I upgraded, “updated out of date themes” and edited the theme - Silk icons went away.  

Thanks for checking into this for us.

I will share this with our engineers as well. I don’t know if it’s critical to your scenario, but as a temporary workaround to the missing hover icon, you could probably create a CSS rule to create another kind of indicator that the field is editable. 

Elissa, this is definitely a helpful detail for our development team to know. Thank you for bringing it into the conversation.

I just updated to Millau 11.1.8 and the Edit Pencil issue still persists.  Is this on the list to be fixed at some point?

I’m also seeing the icon issue.  I installed 11.1.8, updated out-of-date themes, and edited a theme.  As soon as I edited the theme, the Silk icons no longer show.  

Hi Chandra and Elissa,

Thank you for your patience and for keeping us informed of your status. I want to reassure you that our engineers are actively investigating both of these issues, and we will update this post as soon as a fix is available. 

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.1.10 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.