REST Apex Proxy not connecting to model

I think there’s a bug somewhere in all this.  In the page composer, selecting “Path to Contents” shows the second level nodes (Comments, OrderClassification, OrderContact, etc.), but the parent level StaffingOrder isn’t found.  Leaving it blank allows me to navigate and add fields to the model, however these don’t populate when the model is queried. 

Adding the top level reference in the XML corrects the issue of the fields not populating, however it disables access to selecting fields in the model definition.  I can get around this by switching between the page composer and the XML, but it’s not the best situation.  I’m wondering if SKUID implicitly assumes that since there is only one node at the top of the response that the data path is in the child structure.

I figured this out using the skuid.model api and discovered the fields needed to be prepended with the “StaffingOrder” reference:

skuid.model.getModel(‘NewModel’).getFieldValue(skuid.model.getModel(‘NewModel’).getFirstRow(),‘StaffingOrder.@xmlns’)