can i use data services to connect to a google sheet ?

Thanks for the input Anna, but I think my problem is before that. I’m on the step trying to create a model that will link to the sheet. I get an error when Skuid attempts that connection, so I don’t even have a chance to work at the field level. And I’m doing this on Skuid platform; no Salesforce involved.

Zach’s directions indicate: For Data Source Type, choose REST, and Data Source choose GoogleSpreadsheets or whatever you named your Model Service. 

In my version of Skuid Platform, if I select the REST Data Source Type, the Data Source is fixed at “SkuidLocal” so I cannot change it to be the data source I created. If I select a Data Source Type of “Google Drive” then I CAN select the data source I created, but this data source type does not have the Service URL field so I can’t enter my URL. Also, the terminology in platform is now “data source” instead of Zach’s “model service”.

All of this leads me to believe Zach’s instructions are just outdated, and is why I hoped someone could provide updated instructions. Since I know Skuid got it to work, SOMEBODY over there knows how to do it.

Any help appreciated!
-John