Two huge bugs in skuid, and no phone support phone number

I am sick and tired of the bugs in Skuid.  For example, I have a page called “View1Loan__clone” and I have - using the xml as that is the only way to do it - removed the fields that were recently deleted from the model.  My page displays correctly, with the new theme, and then instantly jumps to a page that doesn’t exist any more.  In fact, i deliberately changed the theme to prove that it is jumping to a page in memory or something.  and i cleared cache.  there is no logical reason for it to keep jumping to a page that doesn’t have that theme, doesn’t have that tab set, doesn’t have those missing fields, etc.  And why does the support page say that there is phone support but it doesn’t give the phone number? 

Bug #2:  yesterday we could load images by clicking upload in a rich text field.  All of a sudden, today we cannot load ANY images by clicking on the little picture icon.  It makes us use the link, of which we do not have a link.  the phone is in our downloads folder.  Normally we could upload this right away, but not now!

Bug #3:  and why the heck do I have to keep going into the XML just to delete fields that I deleted on my object?  Isn’t Skuid able to delete those fields as well?  

Some very strange behaviour indeed. Should be able to delete the fields from the model directly in the page builder.

Jumping to another page after loading your skuid page?

Not sure about the rich text image loading issue. What browser and version are you using?

Chrome: 62.0.3202.75 which is latest version.  and the changing of the screens is undescribable.  You have to actually see it. and no, it is not possible to delete fields from the model when you have deleted them from salesforce, because they disappear in the model.  however, they are still sitting there in the xml.
My developer told me “oh yeah, that’s a bug in Skuid, you have to go into the xml to fix it.”

Hey Corinne!

Sorry to hear that Skuid is giving you so much trouble. I hope we can get things sorted out.

Lets try to solve this first issue. I can’t tell exactly what is going on simply from your description, so if you could provide me with some additional information, that’d be really helpful. If your willing, could you provide.

1. The xml of the page giving you issues 
2. If its convenient, a screen capture video of the problematic behavior in action. (If you are on a Mac there is built in software to do this.)

Hi Corinne,

I don’t know if this applies to your situation, but it sounds like you could have some page overrides set up on the Salesforce side that is causing the redirect when your page loads. 

I’ve never experienced the inability to remove a field from a model. When I change the name or delete the field in SF, I’ll get an ugly red bar telling me skuid couldn’t fetch the field I specified, but I’ve always been able to delete the field from the UI. One word of caution, if you’re getting some strange behavior it’s possible you’ve corrupted the XML of your page when making changes to it. Now that you’ve worked out the details about which fields to include and such, I’d recommend rebuilding the model and page from scratch (using the pagebuilder UI) and seeing if you’re still experiencing the same issues. 

Also, to stick up for Skuid and their support…we pay a lot more money to SF and they don’t have a way to call support, plus in my experience with the support skuid offers here and in their support packages has always been better than the SF side. 

Hope this helps,
Josh

My two cents: Sometimes the best way to solve a vexing development problem is to sleep on it for a day or two, especially if you find yourself at the end of your week and don’t feel you’re making progress.

We connected on GTM. All is working except for the image upload in a rich text field issue.

Yes, thank you Pat!  It had us stumped for a while, but you figured it out!  The solution is as follows:  I had a tab within the page that was calling out to some tables like texts, phone messages, etc (through a page include), and that page include was also loading the same custom object as my main page, and that page include had a different theme and css on it.  So even though I wasn’t selecting the tab with the page include on loading, for some reason that I don’t understand yet, it was processing the “page include” at time of load and refreshing the page.  We removed the model, and presto! our page was working. 

For us, when we remove a field from Salesforce, the field disappears from the model and the only way to delete it is through XML.  Our Skuid developer also has this problem on his org and said it is a bug in Skuid. 

For the Rich Text issue, I found a “known issue” that came out with Summer 17, which affects Lightning users, and which will not allow any pictures to be “uploaded” into a rich text field because the “Upload” button has been removed.  You can still use a link to place an image in the field, but no more uploading an image straight from your computer.   That’s not good for us because we are lending on real estate and we grab the photos from our desktop, but we will try to find a work around. until they fix it.  Evidently Skuid must be on the Lightning system (?), because our classic screens still allow us to add photos and delete photos on Classic.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Er … uh … not sure about the deleting fields only via XML. Seems like we were able to delete the fields in the page builder. Lemeno if you’d like to review the issue.

Pat, thank you for offering to assist.

Corinne, if you’re still having trouble deleting the field, would you be able to post a screenshot showing the list of fields in the model, including the one that can’t be deleted? This isn’t an issue we have heard of, so we will need more information to understand what might be going on.