What permission is required to enable access to edit page themes?

Hi all,

I am having difficulty figuring out what permission I must enable to allow myself to create and edit skuid themes. I am able to do both in our org’s sandbox where I am a system admin, but I am not able to in our production where I am a tier below the sys admin. I have full abilities to edit and create skuid pages but I seem to only be unable to edit and create themes. 

If anyone can tell me how to enable access to the themes I would be very grateful. Creating themes in sandbox, exporting, and then importing them to prod has failed miserably thus far and I am fed up with trying. 

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

I’m really sorry to hear that this has proved such a frustrating experience for you :frowning:

You should be able to create and edit Themes if you are assigned the “Skuid Admin” Permission Set. However, you will also need to have the “Customize Application” system permission, because Themes are primarily stored as Static Resources, and you need to have the Customize Application permission in order to update Static Resources. Basically, if you have the “Skuid Admin” Permission Set and the ability to edit Static Resources, you should be good to go.

Hi Zach, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I am unable to get the Customize Application permission per dept policy. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get the export/import to work. See my other post if curious. 
https://community.skuid.com/t/exported-theme-using-odd-extension-and-erased-my-theme