Attachment PDF changing case owner

We have a skuid page that creates a Case record and allows the user to upload a file and attach it to the record.  The page sets the owner to a Queue.  If a PDF file is uploaded and attached the case owner is changed from the queue to the org’s default case owner.  This does not occur if we use the native SF case screens or if we use another file type like DOCX, PPTX or TXT.  

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Here is the XML:

```

Tell us what you need and we will create a support case for you.

ABC_Case

ABC_Case

Click upload to save one or more attachments to the case. Click close when complete.

ABC_Case

{{Name}} CSS

Distribution Method

Account Model/Trade
Cash
Fee Audit
Paperwork
Account Maintenance

From Account (Manual)

Account Model/Trade
Cash
Fee Audit

Here is what the page does:

1. Page allows user to set case bucket, subject, due date and description
2. User clicks a button to save and add attachment.  The model assigns the case to a queue and inserts the record.
3. A pop-up appears with a file upload component
4. User can upload a document that attached to the record.  File is uploaded as attachment to the case record.

If the user uploads a PDF Skuid will change the ownership from a queue to our default case user.

If I use native SF to this it does not change the owner.

Peter,

I loaded your page into my developer org. to look at the actions.  The file component (in Skuid 10.0.9) has an option to “Auto-refresh related Models on successful upload”.  It also has an “Custom Owner Id Field” option.  If you have the “Auto-refresh…” option checked, I think this is the source of your problem.  The file component is trying to change the OwnerId on the Case.  Try unchecking the “Auto-refresh…” option.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time and effort.  I really appreciate it. 

I did disable that option and still got the same result.  Also this only occurs when I upload a PDF file.  Salesforce premier support says they cannot find anything that would cause this.

Any other thoughts?

Peter

Peter,

I can’t think of another reason why that is happening.  It is strange.

You might try changing from using ‘Attachments’ to using ‘Chatter Files’ to store your files.  You’ll want to do this anyway to get ahead of Salesforce eventually ‘removing’ attachments.  Chatter Files (ContentVersion) also have much higher file size and storage limits.

Thanks,

Bill