Launching different Skuid page from same object

I have an object called Assessment. It relates either to a parent LEAD record or a parent OPPORTUNITY record. So I want to launch the Lead version of the page from the Lead record (assessment is a related list) and the Opportunity version of the page from the Opportunity record (assessment is a related list). I’m unsure how to go about this.

The Lead currently has a Skuid page over it…but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to launch the Lead version from the Assessment Table (I’ve tried a global action with the Lead ID added via merge syntax but the ID isn’t loading into the URL redirect).

Lauren, 
Can you provide a little more information about your setup? Do you have a list of Assessments and want to redirect to Lead or Opportunity when you click on the Assessment detail? Or when you click on the Related field? Is the Assessments page a standard Salesforce or a Skuid page? 

The assessments are child records to the Lead or Opportunity. I need to be able to create a new one from the table on the Lead Skuid page (I have the “redirect to URL” partially working…it loads the inquiry into the ID and directs properly but it doesn’t load it into the Lead field on the assessment to populate formula fields and other things). Right now the “new” and “edit” functions from the opportunity related list are directed to the Opportunity Assessment skuid page via a VF page. So when I click the assessment link from the Lead table, it’s directing to the Opportunity version of the Assessment Skuid page. Here are a few screenshots to show what I mean:

Here’s the assessment table on the lead (renamed to inquiry in our instance):

Here’s the new assessment from the button on the table…the id is populating in the URL, but it’s not loading the ID in the field on the actual assessment:

If I click the link from the table to view the already created assessment, it directs to the opportunity version of the assessment:

Okay I figured out the first 2 screenshots (silly oversight on my part) but the 3rd is still baffling me!

I suppose I could do a Record Type page assignment for these, yes? If I add the RT as a condition in the Inquiry page (on the Assessment model) and then that would direct to the right one via a view PA? Let me try that.

Do you have a Visualforce override currently set on the Assessment object? I think using record types might be a good idea, since I don’t know how, in a normal Visualforce override, you would specify one page for Opp Assessments and one page for Lead Assessments. Another option is that you could handle deciding where to redirect to in Skuid, using a custom renderer. ln that situation, though, you’d have to include the custom renderer on every page where you want Assessment to link properly (so really, I think record types are your best bet).