Idea: Page to Print, Page to PDF, Page to Email, Page to Content actions

so, yeah #Mansourisagenius. DocRaptor is pretty amazing too. I’ve been implementing this today, and their tech support said that the above snippet I was using was old, that they’ve got a JS library now, so it’s better to reference that.

So, step 1, create an external snippet with this url: http://docraptor.com/docraptor-1.0.0.js
(or download that and upload as a static resource)

step 2, create an new snippet, remove all the standard code skuid adds in, then use this:

function downloadPDF() { DocRaptor.createAndDownloadDoc("YOUR_API_KEY_HERE", { test: true, document_type: 'pdf', name: 'test.pdf', document_content: document.querySelector('#pdf-export').innerHTML, strict: 'none', javascript: 'true', prince_options: { // if you want relative links to work baseurl: 'YOUR_SALESFORCE_BASE_URL' } }); } downloadPDF();

Everything else about the inlineJS to append your them to the wrapper is key, as is naming your wrapper with a unique id “pdf-export”.

also, in the inlineJS to append the theme css, you can add extra styles. for example, I had trouble adding the docrapter-specific @page selector to my theme (that controls landscape vs. portrait, and other page sizes), so I added it directly in the inlineJS, as such:

var style2 = $('<style> @page { size : US-Legal landscape } </style>');
                style2.appendTo($('#pdf-export'));