Brooklyn issue (10.0.4): composer is not saving changes

I cannot seem to save changes in the page composer. It happened with changing field metadata, custom snippets. Sometimes I can tell based on the save button lit or not. Sometimes I just don’t know for sure if changes are save. Sometimes I reload the page and the snippet was completed deleted.

jili,

When you have trouble saving a Skuid page, are you logging in as another user?  I have seen the behavior that you describe if I login as another user who does NOT have permission to update Skuid pages.  If you click back to the page composer in the same browser, you are still logged in as the user who cannot make changes to the Skuid page.  You will be able to make changes in the page composer.  Because the user you are logged in as cannot update the Skuid page, none of your changes will be saved.

Thanks,

Bill

I'm logged in as sys admin and have full access to skuid page and page versions object.

Does this happen when you only change one thing on a page? Something might not be triggering a save option. If you switch something else on the page that makes the save option appear and then you save, does your snippet change with it?

Does this happen when you only change one thing on a page? Something might not be triggering a save option. If you switch something else on the page that makes the save option appear and then you save, does your snippet change with it?

1) Add a navigation menu, click on save

2) Add a new model, save is not lit. I cannot save the model.

Or

Just open the page and add a new model with 2 fields, click on save. Reload the page composer. No model is saved.

Or

change Max # of records (Limit), save btn does not enable.

Or

change Max # of records (Limit) from 20 to 1. Reload the ui page. It shows 2 records. Go back to the page composer, 2 is in the max # instead of 1.

I’m unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Do you have access to the model you’re attempting to change?

Jill,

What browser are you using?  If it is Internet Explorer, please include the version number.

Thanks,

Bill

Mostly IE 11. Rockaway works just fine.

Jill,

I was able to reproduce this behavior using Internet Explorer 11 version 11.608.15063.0.  This was on Windows 10.

I added a new model and added some fields, saved the page, and then reloaded the page.  When viewing the model, none of the fields nor the object were saved.  I tried removing the model and saving the page.  After refreshing the page (I also tried closing the page and re-opening), the model is still there.

Stephen,

Would you check this.

Thanks,

Bill

Good thought Bill. I see this and will be attempting to reproduce this later today

Quick question: what version are you on? We see it in 10.0.7. 

We have been able to reproduce this issue and will notify you when this gets fixed.

Stephen,

My developer org. is on 10.0.6.

Thanks for getting this on the list!

Bill

Our pleasure. Did you first see this on 10.0.4. I ask because we’re trying to determine how far back this problem goes.

Stephen,

Jill reported this on 10.0.4.  I think I replicated the issue on 10.0.5.  I didn’t see the issue since I normally work in Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill and Jili,

I wanted to provide a status update on this. It looks like our Dev team was able to find what was going on with this on the back end, and the fix is currently slated to be rolled in to our next maintenance release. As soon as the release with a fix for this is live, we will be sure to update you here.

Thank you,

Josh 

Hello Skuid Community ~

This is now fixed in the new Brooklyn (10.0.9) release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Yay!