bad value for restricted picklist field

Hi,

I have a picklist based on a global picklist and when I try to edit that field I get the error:
bad value for restricted picklist field: {value}

(value contains the value selected)

The value is correct and valid (I’m using the standard renderer, no tricky business here):

This was developed directly on 10.0.4 so I can’t know if it was working before the update.

Any ideas?

Pablo, did you check if the picklist values have been assigned for the objects record types? (in my recent experience, they haven’t)

I also know if you un-check the ‘restrict picklist values…’ setting on the field in the object this goes away (probably not ideal), but I have seen this one in my development work lately and it seems to be a Salesforce thing.

Thanks,

Jeff Rutter

Pablo, did you check if the picklist values have been assigned for the objects record types? 

bingo, we deployed the field from sandbox and we did not configure the recordtype.

But the weird thing is that if it;s not in the recordtype, why is it showing any option? should it just show none?

Awesome! Glad to help as it was confusing me earlier this week. I also was a little confused why the values showed up like you said when not assigned to a record type.  Haven’t figured that one out though and I’m on an older version of Skuid. (banzai I think)

-Jeff