Chatter as Field in Opportunity Table

I have a table that pulls in a bunch of fields off of the opportunity object.  I was wondering if there would be a way to pull in the most recent chatter comment feed related to each record within the table?

I have attached a screen shot that may help portray the functionality that I am aiming to incorporate.

Wanted to follow up to see if anyone has ever attempted this.

David,

Add the Chatter feed as a child relationship field to your opportunity model.  Select the Body field from the feed.  Set the ‘Feeds’ field to return 1 record and order by created date descending.  Then add the child relationship field to your table and display the Body field.  Note that the Body field displays with embedded HTML tags.  You may need to do this with a custom render so you can filter out the HTML.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill-

Thank you for the reply. I was able to create the child relationship field, but when I view it, it is blank as follows:

Have you seen this? It could be helpful here

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_erd_chatter.htm

This diagram is helpful in determining the relationship between the salesforce objects.  However, when looking at the potential feed relationships on the opportunity object child relationships, it does not look like the ability exists to “FeedComment” object.

Hi David. I was able to follow Bill’s suggestion to display the Body of my Opportunities’ most recent chatter posts. Once I dragged the Feeds field to my table, I needed to add {{Body}} to the Template area of the field so the table would know which aspect of the Fields child records to display. 

Thank you, that was the piece I was missing!  Now onto a custom render, Bill mentioned a custom render to remove the HTML tags, has anyone completed this before and if so, how did you do it?

David,

Take a look at the example page that I posted here-> https://community.skuid.com/t/mass-action-create-row-chatter-subscription?topic-reply-lis…

Thanks,

Bill

Bill-

Thank you for providing that XML.  With that, I was able to hack something together on the page I am working on. 

The ultimate question I have now is related to the feed.  If chatter is opened, there are “posts” that are not showing in the feed cell on the table.  These “posts” are related to feedtracking within chatter, which appears to be on a different object.  

Does anyone know if the ability exist to show the most recent item that shows in chatter for a record, no matter if it was a post, feedtrack, or something else?

David,

Looks like you would need to do some work to get the data together in a single ‘column’.  The FeedTrackedChanges object (that holds field changes on a Chatter tracked change) can only be queried via it’s child relationship to the Opportunity Feed.  See this page-> http://www.simplysfdc.com/2013/08/salesforce-feedtrackedchange.html

I’d add the child relationship to the OpportunityFeed model and then bring the data into your custom render.  Use the ‘Feed Item Type’ field to choose what to show.

Thanks,

Bill

Can you show the content of the template field on the table?