Google Calendar/calendar component- I can't add new events

I have the Skuid Google Calendar Connector set up and am able to see my calendar events. However when I try to add a new event I get an error on save. It just says [object Object] at the top of the page. There are no console errors. It is probably something simple in my set up… maybe a required field??? Can anyone with experience with Google Calendar lend a guy a hand?

Do I have good news for you! This issue is resolved in the release that just came out today - Brooklyn (10.0.5) and is available from the Skuid Releases page at http://www.skuid.com/skuidreleases. As a reminder, Salesforce does not allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade. 

Thanks!

Whoop whoop! I’ll give it a try… thanks

The release notes say that this release fixes the problem where the magnifying glass escapes the search bar. The problem is that I didn’t have that problem until I upgraded to 10.0.5. NOW I have that issue.

More info on this… I had the search component in a responsive grid. The grid panel was set to Flexible width. After upgrade, the magnifying glass appeared way to the right of the search component’s search box. I changed the grid panel to “fit to content”. This fixed everything enough for me. The magnifying glass does not show any more. I assume it is hidden behind the search component’s search box, but we never really use the magnifying glass anyway. 

The upgrade did fix google calendar, by the way. Thanks

Skuid releases page is dead. 

Thanks for letting us know, we got it fixed!

It looks like you’re right - there is still an issue with the magnifying glass icon escaping the search component. We’ve notified our devs and we’ll let you know when it’s fixed in a future release. 

Hello Skuid Community ~ Again ~

This is now fixed in the new Brooklyn (10.0.9) and Brooklyn (9.5.16) release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.