Export to Excel table button not exporting correctly

AnnAnn Member
edited October 2019 in Problems
Exporting row data to excel button is including comma's and not using field names for headers, checked the button settings and they are ok.  Was working great for a couple of weeks, but now doesn't look right.  New to Skuid, so I am thinking maybe I am missing something basic?

Answers

  • Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal Member, Skuad ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ann,

    What version of Skuid are you on and what browser are you using? Also, do you know of anything that's changed since it used to work, such as a newer version of Skuid getting installed or your instance getting upgraded to Summer '17?

    Thanks!
  • AnnAnn Member
    edited February 2019
    Using Chrome and FIrefox, Summer 17.   The problem started after upgrading Skuid version to Brooklyn Q2 Point Release - GA 10.0.

    Thanks!
  • AnnAnn Member
    edited February 2019
    I am being prompted from Windows "which program to open with".    i choose Excel 2016.   The Windows file associations for csv are set to Excel.   When viewing the actual file in Downloads folder, there is no extension at the end of the file name
  • edited June 2017
    Amy,

    I just tested this in my developer org that also has Brooklyn 10.0.  I am getting the same result as Ann.  The file exports but has no extension.

    Thanks,

    Bill
  • Bill GetmanBill Getman Member
    edited June 2017
    Ditto -- I'm able to replicate it as well.
  • Paul HealdPaul Heald Member
    edited June 2017
    using GA 10 and chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) on macbook pro file created
    AppliedCourses-export-1496916873190.csv

  • edited October 2019
    Version 10 on latest chrome in Summer '17 and we are having this issue. The file is not corrupt, it just doesn't have an extension. If you download it and rename the file with .csv at the end, it works fine. 
  • Sarah HughesSarah Hughes Member, Skuad ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    We also just updated to to Version 10, on Spring '17. Raymond's workaround works for us, but is requiring a *small* amount of user education. :)
  • Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal Member, Skuad ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi guys,

    I think I can reproduce this. It looks like it's only an issue on Windows machines (I tested on Chrome, IE11 and Edge and it seemed like none of them gave the CSV file its extension). If anyone experiences this problem on a Mac, let me know (I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my Mac). I've notified the developers of this issue and we'll let you know when it's fixed in a future release.

    Thanks!
  • Sarah HughesSarah Hughes Member, Skuad ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi, Amy.

    We have the issue on Windows and Mac machines, with Chrome and Safari. Happy to get my Mac users to help document if it would help.

    Thanks for the update.
  • Amy DewaalAmy Dewaal Member, Skuad ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Sarah, 

    That would be great if you wouldn't mind. Just to clarify, they're on Brooklyn Q2 release? What browser(s) are they seeing the issue on and what version are those browsers? Would you mind also posting a screenshot of their table export settings in case something specific in the settings is causing an issue?

    Thanks!
  • Matt SmallMatt Small Member
    edited April 2018
    Does anyone know when this may be mitigated? 
  • AnnAnn Member
    edited February 2019
    Does anyone have any workaround suggestions besides renaming the downloaded file.  This is a big part of our users functionality to have the ability to easily export lists to Excel.

    Thanks!
  • AnnAnn Member
    edited February 2019
    Just found an easy workaround...  I am specifying the 'Custom File Name' in the 'export properties' to somefile.csv.   As long as I include the csv extension in the Custom file name for each table I need to export, it works perfectly.  Thanks
  • Matt SmallMatt Small Member
    edited April 2018
    Great fix! Works an absolute treat. Thanks again!
  • Adam JohnsonAdam Johnson Member
    edited September 2017
    Great workaround! Thank you!
  • David GarrityDavid Garrity Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi Amy-

    Just wanted to see if there is a timeline on this fix.
  • Stephen SellsStephen Sells Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Skuid has implemented the solution in the new Brooklyn 10.0.7 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

    As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.
Sign In or Register to comment.