Chatter feed not showing up for Community Partner Users

I tested this running Banzai 4 and again today after updating to Banzai 5. While viewing a page as a partner user,  a newsfeed set to Feed Type “News feed for running user” shows the message “There was an error trying to load the Chatter News Feed: Attempt to de-reference a null object.”, while a Feed Type of “Feed for Model’s first row” shows nothing. Viewing the same page as an internal user shows the correct chatter feed. 

OK.  This may be a different issue.  Can you grant us login rights to your org and send an email to support@skuidify.com  with the following. 

1. Your Org ID
2. A user who we can use to test in your community. 
3. The name of the skuid page where chatter is failing.

Thanks.  

We are having the same issue. Has there been any progress on it? Specifically with the “There was an error trying to load the Chatter News Feed: Attempt to de-reference a null object.” error message.

I contacted support about this in November and again this week without any response. Rob, could you elaborate on the mentioned workaround / how to call the component in an iframe?

Magnus,

For the time being I created a VF page with this body.

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false"> <chatter:feed entityId="{!$User&#46;Id}" /> </apex:page>

This will display the running user’s chatter feed. There are more options for this VF tag here. https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_chatter_feed.htm

I’m then using a Skuid:template component to iframe this page into the skuid layout where I need it. Not ideal, but a passible work around until we figure out what is going on. I’m not sure if this is the iframe solution Rob was describing or not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ivan, that works. I used {!$CurrentPage.parameters.parameter} in the VF page to pass the record id to the component and my community users can finally use chatter in Skuid!

Sweet!  Thanks to the whole community for getting this long standing item taken care of!  I appreciate all the voices that helped here…

Just so we’re clear. My suggested workaround utilizes a visualforce solution. The out of the box skuid chatter widget still seems to not be working.

Has the chatter component been fixed yet? It’s still not showing for partner users…

I am having this issue as of today. Going to try and implement the work around.

Anyone know if this is fixed?  We are having the issue as well trying to incorporate chatter into our community.

It looks like this issue still exists, blank chatter feed for me.

Bump!

Still seems to be an issue. 

Bump. this is still an issue for me too.

Hello Community,

This issue may have been related to a bug that has now been resolved in the Brooklyn (10.0.4) Maintenance Release and the Brooklyn (9.5.11) Maintenance Release which are now available from the Skuid Releases page

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Thanks!

Chatter feed was working for my community users but I had to updated Skuid to solve a different Skuid bug so now I have inherited this Skuid bug.

Skuid bug.

What version of Skuid are you running on now?

We recently had to create a local copy of the skuid “Social” VF page to get this back working.

1. Go to your Visualforce Pages.  Find the page named “Social” that has the skuid namespace.
2. Clone the page, rename it Social.  Don’t change the markup, just save.
3.  Adjust security on the new Social VF page to match what you need

See if that works.  We also had to do it with Export and Include so our community users were able to use those features.

I had tried this solution in a separate sandbox unsuccessfully but in a sandbox recently updated to 11.1.6 this worked.