Javascript error on previously working Template Component

I have a Template Component that was working as-expected before, but I fear an update may have broken this. I’m getting the following Javascript error: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘resetCanvas’ of undefined” The property is part of a javascript library I’m using to capture signatures on an HTML canvas. Did an update change the way these libraries are imported into SKUID now? Here’s my code, the error is being thrown when trying to access a property that is instantiated by the library:

var element = arguments[0], $ = skuid.$; $(document).ready(function() { // init signature canvas element.jSignature(); element.jSignature("reset"); // ERROR IS THROWN HERE // Create new signature in text field var model = skuid.model.getModel('PDP_Detail'), row = model.getFirstRow(), sigField = 'Manager_Signature__c', sigData = model.getFieldValue(row,sigField); if(sigData !== null ) { // read back Signature data element.jSignature("setData", "data:" + sigData); } // disable manager signature for individual var pdpModel = skuid.model.getModel('PDP_Detail'), pdpRow = pdpModel.getFirstRow(); if((pdpRow.Contact__r.Staff_Supervisor__r.FirstName != skuid.utils.userInfo.firstName && pdpRow.Contact__r.Staff_Supervisor__r.LastName != skuid.utils.userInfo.lastName) || pdpRow.Stage__c == 'Cycle Complete') { element.jSignature("disable"); //ALSO THROWN HERE IF I COMMENT THE ABOVE ERROR OUT } }); 

Eulogio,

What version of skuid are you running?

I’m running version 9.5

Eulogio,

Try replacing $(document).ready(function() { with $(“.nx-page”).one(“pageload”,function() {  

Thanks Amy, that did the trick! Can you elaborate a bit on why this change was necessary?

Eulogio,

The $(document).ready function has always been a somewhat unstable way to wait for page load (it wasn’t always consistent about when exactly it fired). You used to be able to get away with using it, but due to some changes we’ve made you can’t sneak by with it anymore (we didn’t specifically break the functionality, it’s just a byproduct of other improvements). We’ve always encouraged people to use .nx-page, but perhaps we should have pushed it a little more. Hopefully this clarifies things a little. 

Certainly clarifies things, thanks Amy!