Challenges with picklist values when record types are used with Skuid and Salesforce’s Summer ‘17 Re

Update from Skuid

Good news!!! Salesforce R&D has confirmed that our issue where the Skuid page goes blank if there are any picklists with No Selected Values for a record type is indeed due to a bug in Summer ‘17. There is a Salesforce patch scheduled for a few weeks from now where this issue will be addressed. We will update the community when that patch gets deployed.

What Does That Mean For My Org?

Unfortunately, Salesforce’s Summer ‘17 release starts hitting prod orgs tomorrow. Please check https://status.salesforce.com/status and click on your instance to see when you are getting upgraded to Summer ‘17.

If your instance is getting upgraded to Summer ‘17 before Salesforce’s patch goes out, you will need to either

• Install one of Skuid’s versions that has our patch for the issue from the Skuid releases page (Rockaway Iteration 15, Brooklyn Iteration 7, or Brooklyn Update 1 - Iteration 6). As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

• Use the workaround provided in the original message about this issue. Go through your record types and make sure that every picklist field has at least one selected value. That may mean needing to add a N/A value to the original picklist and selecting that for the record types where that’s the only valid option.

If your instance is getting upgraded to Summer ‘17 after Salesforce’s patch goes out, you should not need to do anything.

What If I Already Installed One of Skuid's Patches?

If you have already installed one of our patches for this issue, you are all set. There should be no issues with having both Skuid's patch and Salesforce's patch. If you find this to not be true, please let us know!!!

Is This The Final Word On This Issue?

We’re ALMOST there … you should be receiving only one more update from me about the full resolution of this issue once the Salesforce patch gets released.

Thanks for your patience as we got to this point.

Karen