Paste from Word in Rich text editor

We are looking for “Paste from Word” functionality in the Rich text editor.

Paste from Word control is available when you use the skuid page in Chrome, but in IE, we see a much smaller set of controls for the editor.

In Chrome:

In IE:

I think it was said before the IE version is the new skuid rich text editor and the chrome version is the old version.

Is that true? In chrome, we always seem to get the old version.

We’d like to know how we can get the “Paste from Word” functionality in the Rich text editor consistently in both IE and Chrome if that’s possible. If not, can you please advise the options?

Thanks!

I tested the rich text editor in IE and chrome and found the “Paste from Word” functionality in both browsers running Skuid Version 9.5.1. 

What version of Skuid are you running?

Both images you attached show the “Paste from Word” icon in the editor. Are you having trouble with clicking the icon itself?

Thanks

Hi so from IE, our users see 2 versions of the editor. Some see the version I posted. Some see this which does not have the paste from word. Do you know why we get 2 versions now? We have upgraded to rockaway a while back.

Here are some screenshots that show the rich text editor for IE11, Chrome, and Edge running on Skuid Rockaway version 8.1.6. They all show the same editor with the Paste from Word functionality available.

If you have recently upgraded to Rockaway, does clearing the cache in your browser make a difference?

Can you verify which exact version of Rockaway you are running?

Are all users running the same version of IE11?

Are all users using the same type of device (desktop/laptop vs. mobile/tablet)?

Thanks!

We upgraded to 8.15.15 last November. I'm a bit confused now. I think I was told the shorter one above is the new version from Rockaway. IE is our corporate browser. So it's the same version for every one. This is for desktop.

I apologize for the confusion, version 8.15.15 is newer than 8.1.6.

For the smaller editors, is the rich text field located in a pop-up?

I ask because there is a known bug that limits functionality of a rich text editor when the field is within a popup. Please see the following post and let us know if this is the case for you.
https://community.skuid.com/t/cant-access-flyout-menus-in-rich-text-editor…

Thanks

I meant the rich text editor with the shorter controls is the new editor from Rockaway. I think that's what I was told.

The rich text field is on the main page. It's not inside a popup. But the version I see is same as on your referenced post.

"You're actually seeing what you should be seeing. We've rolled out a new rich text toolbar for mobile devices that is simplified and works much better in that environment. With how we identify mobile devices, the iPad is also getting pulled into that and uses the new toolbar. What functionality is missing from the toolbar that you would like to use? I'll make a note of it for future development, since we might add back to the iPad toolbar in the future."

I have been able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and have notified the developers of this issue. I will update this post when a future release addressing this issue is available. Thanks for alerting us of this bug and helping make Skuid better!

Has there been any update on this issue?

The rich text field is used inside an include page. Does that matter?