Stuck on "Loading Model metadata..." on Skuid Platform

For the last week or so I’ve been playing with Skuid Platform. I’ve been running into an odd issue where intermittently the Skuid edit page hangs on “Loading Model metadata…” when trying to load and when I try to view the Skuid page in preview I just get a blank white page. There are no error in the console. It seems to happen once every few hours when actively working in Skuid.

Usually within an hour or so it is working again, but frustrating when trying to develop and I am worried that when I deploy to live users they will experience the same issue.

Any ideas on the cause of the issue? Is it an AWS connectivity problem?

Andrew,

I haven’t seen or heard of this issue before, so I suspect your data sources might be causing issues here. Are you seeing this on all of your Skuid pages or just some of them? What datasource(s) do you have on the pages that are experiencing this issue?

Amy - it does appear to be the datasources. Right now I’m only connected to Salesforce with the pages experiencing the issue. I did however just create a new page without any models connected to Salesforce and I can edit and view the page.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hmm, that’s interesting. To be honest I expected your datasources to be something other than Salesforce, because typically I’ve seen better performance with Salesforce datasources. Would you mind posting a screenshot or two of your model setup on one of the affected pages? Do the pages with issues tend to have a lot of models or a lot of fields on them? 

I think I’ve identified the issue, but haven’t confirmed it 100% yet. I have a couple Salesforce developer accounts. I think the problem is happening when Salesforce sessions get mixed up. It appears that logging out of all sessions and then logging back into the Salesforce account that Skuid Platform is connected to fixes the problem.

Again, I’m not 100% sure this is the issue as I haven’t been able to replicate it enough times to be confident.

Hmm, interesting. Do you have multiple models on a page that go to different Salesforce accounts / datasources? Or do you just login to the different accounts in the same browser window as where you’re logged into Skuid platform (and showing data from a Salesforce account different from the ones you’re logged in to)? I’ll try to investigate some, too, and see if I can find anything. 

Hi Amy, 

I am having the same issue and am a bit puzzled. Is there a way to go directly to my XML via the URL? 

Please let me know.

Matt

Matt,

You can add /xml to the end of your edit page URL and it should take you there