Can't Highlight Any Text on Page

So it doesn’t work in Chrome on an iPad but it does work on Chrome in a browser?

Doesn’t work on Chrome on a browser. 

We tested it from multiple computers and browsers. It works fine on non-touchscreen Windows 7 & 10 in Chrome and Firefox. But, doesn’t work with the 3 touchscreen Windows 10 PCs we have in either Chrome or Firefox.

All other Skuid pages work fine too.

WTF. It literally looked right when I pasted it earlier, but now I look at it and half of it is missing…

I found the issue. Even though the Skuid page doesn’t have any intereactions… I saw that the XML has the “” tag. I removed that and now I can highlight text.

Are you able to select it with the keyboard? Like so:

1. click on the start of the text that you want to select
  2. press & hold the shift key
  3. click the end of the text that you want to select
Or does selecting text impossible in any method? And just on the one skuid page? It works for other skuid pages? 
Bizarre.

I have a windows 7 touchscreen that I’ll bring to work on Monday to see if we can reproduce this in the office. If you could finish the XML, that would be great. 

So you’re completely good to go?

Yeah. I guess adding an interaction and then removing it still keeps that tag which somehow messes up touchscreens.

Thanks for the quick responses!

haha I apologize. I was too quick. I didn’t press refresh to see your latest reply.

That tag definitely shouldn’t be there…

I was able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and notified the developers of this issue. I will update this post when a future release addressing this issue is available. Thank you for bringing this to our attention Sam!

Sorry for reviving the dead, but has this issue been resolved? I’m seeing a number of tags (some filled with interactions like load more, some without anything) and I have users with touch screens reporting they cannot select text.

It should be. We haven’t had any reports about this for at least the last 6 months. Unfortunately, we didn’t track this community post properly so I can’t go to the direct internal link to see.

What version of Skuid are you currently on?

Stephen,

We’re currently on 11.2.5 and I just had a user disable their touchscreen device in Windows (as a workaround) and it resolved the issue.

Any ideas on whether or not this has been resolved?

Hi Korey, I am still able to see this problem in our latest version 11.2.9 so this has not yet been fixed, but is currently being tracked by our engineers. Feel free to “Me Too” this post to help bump the priority of this issue. Also, I was able to replicate the remaining interactions tags when it is inside of a sliding panel. Are you seeing the tags anywhere else?

Korey, another workaround would be to edit the XML of your page, locate the rogue tag or tags that do not actually contain any interactions and remove them from your XML. Save the page and you should then be able to highlight text on a touch device.

Khamla,

For some reason my post from yesterday disappeared (not sure what happened) so I’ll post this again:

I looked through all my pages and found 5 pages where it shows up. It appears to show up consistently when I change the page style or use a wrapper to change the style:

Example 1

<styles>
    <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
</styles>
<interactions/>

Example 2

<styles>
    <styleitem type="background" bgtype="color">
<styles>
        <styleitem property="background-color" value="#393737"/>
    </styles>
</styleitem>
<styleitem type="border"/>
<styleitem type="size"/>
</styles>

Example 3

So, how would you like me to proceed? I can obviously remove the interactions tags on these pages, and see if it’s resolved, but would you like me to try adding specific components and see if the interactions tags fix themselves?

I just want to make sure I’m testing this in a useful manner before I started changing things.

Thanks!

I removed all the in my production skuid pages, and it’s still causing the same issue. Is there any update on this issue? This is frustrating the few users who don’t have an easy way to disable the touch screen on their laptop.

Just an additional bit of details: I removed the tags on all my pages, but it looks like it only resolved it for the pages where the queue component isn’t used. I have a queue component on one of my pages (which has interaction tags for clicking on it) and it’s still exhibiting the original problem.

Can you elaborate on your problem Korey? Are your users having trouble highlighting the text inside of a queue component?