Can't Highlight Any Text on Page

Sounds pretty fishy…

We aren’t aware of any issues currently related to not being able to highlight text on a page.

What version of Skuid are you on?

Are you using custom Javascript or CSS on the page? If so, can you see any differences between the code on the page that’s working and this one?

You may have already checked, but we just wanted to cover some basics.

Version: Brooklyn Iteration 1.1

That’s what I figured, but there is no custom JS or CSS on the page. 

Would posting the XML help? It’s all to custom objects though. I even tried removing all the models except the primary model from the page and I still can’t highlight anything. I may try rebuilding the page and see if that works nobody can think of anything else.

Thanks for the help

Feel free to post the XML, it would give us a better look at your setup. Looking for any clues at this point…

Thanks, I appreciate it.

LastPOLineItem
PartLookup

{{Cloned}} == false

row.updated

Part__c

{{Name}}

{{Model.label}}

POLineItems

PurchaseOrder
POLineItems

POLineItems
PurchaseOrder

POLineItems

I don’t think all of the XML survived the copy and paste into here… Any way we could complete that?

Whoops. Let’s try this again.

LastPOLineItem
PartLookup

{{Cloned}} == false

row.updated

Part__c

{{Name}}

{{Model.label}}

POLineItems

PurchaseOrder
POLineItems

POLineItems
PurchaseOrder

POLineItems

&n

There is a good chance your XML is too large for a single copy/paste.

Well we found the issue, but not a fix yet. The page works fine on any computer but touch screens. I can highlight any text outside of the Skuid page. We even rebuilt the page from scratch and had the same issue. I don’t get.

LastPOLineItem
PartLookup

{{Cloned}} == false

row.updated

Part__c

{{Name}}

{{Model.label}}

POLineItems

PurchaseOrder
POLineItems

POLineItems
PurchaseOrder

POLineItems

<section title="New Se

So it doesn’t work in Chrome on an iPad but it does work on Chrome in a browser?

Doesn’t work on Chrome on a browser. 

We tested it from multiple computers and browsers. It works fine on non-touchscreen Windows 7 & 10 in Chrome and Firefox. But, doesn’t work with the 3 touchscreen Windows 10 PCs we have in either Chrome or Firefox.

All other Skuid pages work fine too.

WTF. It literally looked right when I pasted it earlier, but now I look at it and half of it is missing…

I found the issue. Even though the Skuid page doesn’t have any intereactions… I saw that the XML has the “” tag. I removed that and now I can highlight text.

Are you able to select it with the keyboard? Like so:

1. click on the start of the text that you want to select
  2. press & hold the shift key
  3. click the end of the text that you want to select
Or does selecting text impossible in any method? And just on the one skuid page? It works for other skuid pages? 
Bizarre.

I have a windows 7 touchscreen that I’ll bring to work on Monday to see if we can reproduce this in the office. If you could finish the XML, that would be great. 

So you’re completely good to go?

Yeah. I guess adding an interaction and then removing it still keeps that tag which somehow messes up touchscreens.

Thanks for the quick responses!

haha I apologize. I was too quick. I didn’t press refresh to see your latest reply.

That tag definitely shouldn’t be there…

I was able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and notified the developers of this issue. I will update this post when a future release addressing this issue is available. Thank you for bringing this to our attention Sam!

Sorry for reviving the dead, but has this issue been resolved? I’m seeing a number of tags (some filled with interactions like load more, some without anything) and I have users with touch screens reporting they cannot select text.