Group aggregate model on a formula field

Is there another workaround option, e.g., something that takes advantage of aggregation in charts?  It is impractical to create a workflow-updated field for every formula field one might want to group by (plus all existing records would need to be updated to trigger the workflow).  

For example, if I want to group by contacts’ age at the time they started services (a custom formula field, let’s call it AgeAtStart), I can create an aggregate model, group by contact, and include AgeAtStart as an aggregation (with min or max as the aggregate function).  I can then create a chart based on that model to show the number (and maybe percent?) of contacts in each age group by splitting on the minAgeAtStart aggregation, using contact as the data field, and a count aggregate function in the chart setup.  So that gets most of the way there.  But, I also need those chart results in a table.  Is that possible?

I know I can get these results in standard Salesforce reports, which do allow grouping by a formula field, but I am trying to include the age results within a Skuid page that is reporting on a number of areas from one page.