file upload - allow multiple attachments at once

I haven’t tried to integrate with any of the other apps. I’m just waiting for skuid to upgrade the file component. Seven votes is pretty high for this forum, so I’d think it wouldn’t be too far down the roadmap.

Right, Skuid? :wink:

Hi Matt

Thimo from GBC has written a custom component for this which allows the user to select multiple files.

@Thimo GBC can you share this here please?

Hi Matt

I wrote a custom component, that allows you to upload multiple files. Aswell as some other nice things like After Upload Actions and type restrictions.

You can download it here: http://bit.ly/1MP2ozX

But please remember, It is still kind of in a beta phase. Use it at your own risk:

Quick Tutorial:
1. Install the component as you would install the progress indicator (http://help.skuidify.com/m/11720/l/451511-progress-indicator-component)
2. To use it, you need to have 2 extra models in your page. One referencing to skuid_image__c and one to Attachment
3. The rest should be self explaining :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Thimo! 

Thimo,

Nice work!

If I only want to use the component to upload attachments (not images), how would I go about that? A basic test doesn’t seem to be working for me.

@Matt

For uploading only attachments, create 3 Models. 
One where your attachments should be stored with Fields for every single file (as you would need with the standard file upload), one to skuid_image__c and one to Attachments. IMPORTANT: on these “helper-models” remove the load on page load and do NOT create a new row if none.

Drag in the Component, and select your models and the number of attachments you want to upload (max. 5 atm) and link all your fields there.
In the upload later you can select in the filepicker as many files as you like, but only as many you chose as limit or less will be uploaded. Later, if you upload again, it fills the remaining attachment fields and does not override the old attachments. (Our use case was an image gallery, thats why)

If you want all files possible simply don’t check the box “only images”.

To download, delete or view your uploaded files you would still need the File Upload from skuid.

Thimo,

What would it take to change the upload type to content?

Attachments have a 50mb limit and content has a 2gb limit.

You mean changing it to use the Content instead of the Attachment?

I could try that yes. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean :)! Can I help in any way?

Will this idea be delivered in the Brooklyn release?

doesn’t look like it from the release notes

Are the release notes really exhaustive? 

Delivered baby! W00t!

Hi guys,

I’m happy to say that Shmuel is right, you can now upload multiple attachments as of Brooklyn Update 1, available from the Skuid Releases Page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does not allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Hi, were “after upload” actions added also? if so, how can this be done?

Hi Alexey, you may be able to achieve this by adding a model action to the uploaded file’s model, that would be triggered whenever there is a change to something like the filename field. 

Alexey,

After upload actions were added - if you look at the properties of the File Upload component, one of its tabs is “On-Upload Actions.” You can add actions on upload success and upload failure.

Thanks, but how can I take only those files, that were just uploaded, to modify. Let’s say I want to manually add description to each file I’ve just uploaded, this is supported by model actions or upload success action?

Alexey, 

There are probably a few different ways to achieve what you want. If you’re uploading files in attachment to record, I have one possible way for you: You could add an Attachments model to your page and set a condition on it so that the parent id is always the Id from the model you’re attaching records to. Then, in your On Upload Success Actions, query the Attachments model. If you show the attachments model in a table on your page, you can watch as the files you upload get added to it (and if you set the table’s default mode to edit you could easily edit file descriptions as they show up).

I can drag and drop multiple files in the skuid file upload component but when using a mobile device, I can’t multi-select files. Do you know if there is way to do this?