Close All Drawers Action

Jim,
That makes sense. I tried that, it does the same thing when Query Model is on the before action on the drawer. It never opens the drawer.

I use drawers a lot. Few tips to keep things running smoothly.

1. Models to be used in drawers do not need to load on page load

2. The action to use to open a drawer can be the stock Open Drawer action so long as you don’t need to put the parent row into it’s own model for use in other actions within the drawer.

3. As Jim says, use “Before Load” to query the model used on the components in the drawer. Don’t query completely. Query get more.

4. Set the context of the components in the drawer to point to the parent row id.

Rob, Do you think the API will be exposed?

I think you’ll be happy with our next release.  (Safe Harbor and all that, of course) 

Patch and Major release? Estimated ETA?

Yes that one much need feature in skuid.
Because let suppose when we open the drawer for task then it will show all the attachments related to task. So we are doing query on attachment that will get attachment for selected task.

But the issue is that when we open drawer for another task and for 1st task drawer is still open then it will replace the Task 2 attachments in Task 1 section attachments.

So there should be a way to close the all open drawer using action

Your problem is solved by using the “Get More” behavior on the Query Model action that is bound to your row opening,  and making sure you have the context conditions set correctly for the attachments in your drawer.  Look at this tutorial:  http://help.skuid.com/m/supercharge-your-ui/l/269735-add-nested-rows-to-your-table-with-drawers

Hi Rob,

But i already try Get More behavior.
But the issue is with Get more behavior is that :
1.) First i open drawer for Task 1 and it show me 2 attachment for Task 1.
2.) Then i opened the drawer for task 2 and task 2 have also have 2 attachment.

So now in both task 1 and task 2 drawer its showing me 4 -4 attachments.
But i want to see only attachment for current opened task drawer.

Hope that make sense?

Set the Context as well.

Hi Pat,

Yes after setting context its working as expected.

Thank You Both Pat! and Rob!

Thanks,
Raj

Hey friends.

Looks like some of the drawer-related functions are now exposed in the API. So, although this is UNDOCUMENTED, here’s a snippet which when run immediately after an open/close drawers action in an action sequence, will close all the other open drawers, so you only have one open at a time.

// Run immediately after open/close drawer action to close other drawers.<br>var args = arguments[0],<br> thisID = args.item &amp;&amp; args.item.drawers &amp;&amp; args.item.drawers[0]._GUID,<br> tems = args.list.visibleItems,<br> drawer,<br> $ = skuid.$;<br>$.each(items,function(index,item){<br> drawer = item.drawers &amp;&amp; item.drawers[0];<br> if (drawer &amp;&amp; (drawer._GUID !== thisID) &amp;&amp; drawer.isOpen) {<br> drawer.close();<br> }<br>});

Real quick and minor correction if anyone pastes this and gets an error:

tems = args.list.visibleItems,

This should be

<b>i</b>tems = args.list.visibleItems, 

Otherwise it works great

Hello, this sort of worked for me, except for a button at the bottom of the drawer:

Additionally, once closed I can’t reopen the draw.

The problem I have is that button “I want to meet with this person” is using the model from the draw, but if two are opened at the same time it always uses the data from the latest opened draw. I can’t set context on the button as far as I can see?

Update: I was adding in the wrong place. When I added “run Skuid Javascript” to the action framework and then selected the relevant script, it worked!

Matt’s snippet works beautifully! Nonetheless, would love to have this as a declarative action

Hello,

Can anyone or @Matt_Sonesplease help this JS noob with modifying this to close either all opened drawers in pages or from a specific component?

I need to close all opened drawers from an action not related to the table on which i want them closed

any help would be appreciated

// Run immediately after open/close drawer action to close other drawers.
var args = arguments[0],
    thisID = args.item && args.item.drawers && args.item.drawers[0]._GUID,
    tems = args.list.visibleItems,
    drawer,
    $ = skuid.$;
$.each(items,function(index,item){
    drawer = item.drawers && item.drawers[0];
    if (drawer && (drawer._GUID !== thisID) && drawer.isOpen) {
        drawer.close();
    }
});

Thx

Accidental Bump :smiley:

which API are you using?

v1

@Dave I realize this is a late reply, but if you give the table you want to manipulate a Unique Id (via the Unique Id) property, you can then run skuid.$C("componentId"), if your page is still using API v1. If you’re using API v2, this solution will probably look a little bit different.