sliding panel context is lost

Bill,

I think sliding panels need to be treated slightly differently than drawers. With drawers, you can have multiple drawers (linked to different records) open at once, but you can’t do that with sliding panels. Instead, only the info related to one record is shown at a time. I think the difference manifests in the query behavior of the model shown in the sliding panel. After you set the condition on the panel model, where you have “Get More - Merge in new Rows with old” you need “Standard - completely replace data” instead. Additionally, I think Skuid actually gives you two different ways to show related records in a sliding panel, and I’m wondering if doing both methods might be causing you some issues. The two ways:

1. Set actions right before you open the panel to set a condition on the model showing in the panel, and then query that model to refresh it. Then, every time you click to open the panel the model gets limited to the record just selected

2. Use the context conditions on the component in the sliding panel.

If I’m understanding your setup correctly, I believe you only need to do one of those ways. Here’s the XML for a page that shows contacts related to an account in a sliding panel:

Accounts

Related Contacts

Contacts

Hope that helps!